Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best App for Cycling

• 06-06-2015 10:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Just looking for opinions on the best cycling App for the iPhone 6. I just want it to track times and distance and calories used. Anyone have a favorite App the can tell me about please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Strava would be hard to beat I'd imagine.
    Plenty of others too..Marty.
    Marty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Domane

There's also the "mapmyride" app that I use on my iPhone 5. Try it and Strava and see which you prefer.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Endomondo is another

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

Strava is the best by a mile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭cython

Just looking for opinions on the best cycling App for the iPhone 6. I just want it to track times and distance and calories used. Anyone have a favorite App the can tell me about please?

Just to point out, don't pay too much heed to any app readings for the calories used, especially if you haven't a HRM or anything paired, as generally they are grossly wrong, and usually on the side of overestimation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Domane

Agree with that as map my ride says I burn 1100 calories per hour. If that was true, I'd be a shadow of my current self!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that's one of the reasons i'd trust strava more than any other calculation i've seen - because it's consistently the lowest!
    most recent spin was 1h50m, mainly flat, and strava reckons i burned 1,001 calories.
    just for the laugh, i put those figures into the calculator on bicycling.com, and it told me i would have burned 1,700 calories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Strava would be my favourite app for cycling.

With regards to calories burned, Strava is normally about 50% lower to what my Polar HRM measures.

Advertisement