Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle Path for Kids

Options
  • 06-06-2015 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭

Looking for someplace I can take the kids on their bikes that is traffic free. Any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Well, there is the new greenaway down by Bilberry. Used to be a train track but it's all tarmacced now and no cars or anything. Think it'll eventually go to Dungarvan. Might come up under 'Deise Greenway' on Google or Facebook.

Not officially open yet but there's a good bit done around there and it's safe. I use it and see a good few kids on bikes there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The John's River along the Tramore road

If you are taking the bikes in a car you can drive down to the bottom of Ashley Drive Cherrymount and walk the bikes down to the path.

How old are they, how far would they want to cycle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Cortecs wrote: »
    Well, there is the new greenaway down by Bilberry. Used to be a train track but it's all tarmacced now and no cars or anything. Think it'll eventually go to Dungarvan. Might come up under 'Deise Greenway' on Google or Facebook.

Not officially open yet but there's a good bit done around there and it's safe. I use it and see a good few kids on bikes there.

Thanks I didn't think you could get on that yet. Where do you access it from

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

The John's River along the Tramore road

If you are taking the bikes in a car you can drive down to the bottom of Ashley Drive Cherrymount and walk the bikes down to the path.

How old are they, how far would they want to cycle?

Thanks, good idea. Kids are 5 and 7 and should be able for decent spin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Azatadine

thomasm wrote: »
    Thanks I didn't think you could get on that yet. Where do you access it from

You can park in front of Waters Gate estate and walk around the corner. A minutes walk. Then you can just go through the entrance. There are some blocks in the way but you can easily step around them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deisegreenway

Please bear in mind that the Waterford Greenway is not officially opened yet and we've been told there are some severe drops at the path's edges which have not yet been made safe. When this section of the greenway opens later this year, you'll have 10km without ever seeing a car :)

Advertisement