Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connolly,Pearse or Heuston station to Dundrum ?

Options
  • 06-06-2015 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

simple question guys which station would it be best to get the train to if I'm looking to head to dundrum shopping centre ? Also can anyone advise a Luas route to get from the closest station to dundrum ? All help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Pearse. Walk to Stephens Green. Get Luas to Balally for the shopping centre. The Dundrum stop is for the village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If you're coming into Heuston you'll need to get the bus to O'Connell Bridge (or I think the 145 goes nearer to St. Stephens Green) and then walk to St. Stephens Green to get the LUAS.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Or the number 14 bus which goes by Connolly station will take you to Dundrum shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Don't get the 14 bus. It goes half way around the world before it gets to Dundrum.

OP, what/where is your starting point? Are you arriving in Dublin by train and if so, what station? I think that people can advise you better if they know that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

If I may digress, AFAIK, there are no scheduled rail routes that serve both Heuston and Connolly/Pearse. Not until the Phoenix Park Tunnel re-opens. Where are you travelling from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,724 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

As others have said, it all depends upon where you are coming from.

The fastest way from the City Centre to Dundrum shopping centre is to take the LUAS from St Stephen's Green to Balally, from where it's a five minute walk to the shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭TheSunderz

Sorry for the late reply guys I'm coming from gorey Wexford on q Thursday and am meant to be arriving at Connolly station at either 10:15 or 9:00 depending on which train I take ? Can you guys give me the best quickest route to dundrum like which train would be best or would it be best to get a bus to Dublin instead ?

Get off the train at Pearse and walk to Stephen's Green (10 minutes maybe) then get the green line Luas to Balally.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,724 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

TheSunderz wrote: »
    Sorry for the late reply guys I'm coming from gorey Wexford on q Thursday and am meant to be arriving at Connolly station at either 10:15 or 9:00 depending on which train I take ? Can you guys give me the best quickest route to dundrum like which train would be best or would it be best to get a bus to Dublin instead ?

Well that completely changes things.

You have two options:

1) Get off the train at Dún Laoghaire and then take the 75 bus directly to Dundrum from there. Unfortunately, in both cases, the train arrives at Dun Laoghaire as the 75 departs, and you will have a 30 minute wait there for a bus.

2) Take the train to Dublin Pearse Station, walk to St Stephen's Green and LUAS from there to Balally LUAS stop

Option 1:

06:45 train from Gorey:
    Arrives Dún Laoghaire at 08:19
    Depart Dún Laoghaire on 75 bus at 08:50
    Arrive Dundrum at 09:30

08:24 train from Gorey:
    Arrives Dún Laoghaire at 09:49
    Depart Dún Laoghaire on 75 bus at 10:20
    Arrive Dundrum at 10:55

Option 2:

Arrives Dublin Pearse at 08:38

Walk to St Stephen's Green - 15 mins
    LUAS to Balally - 15 mins

Arrive at Dundrum Centre at about 09:15

Arrives Dublin Pearse at 10:07

Arrive at Dundrum Centre at about 10:45

For other routes use the national journey planner at www.a-b.ie or download the journey planner app for smartphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭TheSunderz

lxflyer wrote: »
    Well that completely changes things.

You have two options:

1) Get off the train at Dún Laoghaire and then take the 75 bus directly to Dundrum from there. Unfortunately, in both cases, the train arrives at Dun Laoghaire as the 75 departs, and you will have a 30 minute wait there for a bus.

2) Take the train to Dublin Pearse Station, walk to St Stephen's Green and LUAS from there to Balally LUAS stop

Option 1:

Arrives Dún Laoghaire at 08:19
    Depart Dún Laoghaire on 75 bus at 08:50
    Arrive Dundrum at 09:30

Arrives Dún Laoghaire at 09:49
    Depart Dún Laoghaire on 75 bus at 10:20
    Arrive Dundrum at 10:55

Option 2:

Arrives Dublin Pearse at 08:38

Arrive at Dundrum Centre at about 09:15

Arrives Dublin Pearse at 10:07

Arrive at Dundrum Centre at about 10:45

For other routes use the national journey planner at www.a-b.ie or download the journey planner app for smartphones.

Thank you very much this was extremely helpful much appreciated.

• Advertisement

If that was me, I would get the Wexford Bus to Cherrywood and then get the luas from there to Dundrum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You could get the Bus Eireann bus to Upper Leeson street and walk to the Charlemont LUAS stop.

Advertisement