Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxed Hong Kong Sega Mega Drive + Sonic Game

Options
  • 06-06-2015 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭

ITEM: Boxed Hong Kong Sega Mega Drive
    POST\COLLECTION: Post
    PRICE: €35, but will welcome all offers.
    PAYMENT METHODS: Paypal

I posted this up in the New Get City forum a few days ago. It's a nice item but I'm not really a Mega Drive guy so maybe someone else might appreciate it more. I'd sell it pretty cheap to someone here, especially if Parcel Motel was an option.

The box is in really good shape, besides a small bit of roughing up at the corners it's still fairly solid. The styrofoam inside is chipped in places and quite weak underneath.

The power lead and the controllers are the problem. The lead is well frayed and I don't know if it can rewired to work, maybe someone with better knowledge of electrics could. The controller has a piece out on the back.

The console itself and the game are both in good condition, the console especially is quite clean.

Will accept any reasonable offer to be honest as it was just a nice thing to pick up but Mega Drive isn't really my thing. It will be put up on Adverts too but will do better deal for someone here. I'm sure even the box is a nice collectible for someone as these wouldn't be seen very often over here I would imagine.

All offers welcome.

Parcel Motel also an option.

se27hg.jpg
    28jazya.jpg
    314vynq.jpg
    2i8gfiw.jpg
    50sger.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

Are these region free? As in it will play games from us and Japan?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Are these region free? As in it will play games from us and Japan?

Good question, had to google this one.

There was actually one sold on Adverts last year, in complete condition, and they stated it would play Japanese, European and US games without any need for a mod (in other words, region free)

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/sega-mega-drive-console-asain-hong-kong-region-pal-1-boxed-european-psu-japanese-sonic-cart/4511939

From googling I have found the same thing, that the particular 'Pal-I' version could do this.

Where in the country are you? I assume with what you said about the power supply it's un tested?

Where in the country are you? I assume with what you said about the power supply it's un tested?

I'm in Cork. Yes it's untested, the lead is frayed at some parts so I'm unable to test it. I can post through Parcel Motel handy enough, which is also tracked etc.

Will sell this for €28 posted just to clear it as I'm going on holidays next week.

• Advertisement

OK then you've twisted my arm I'll take it for that.

Offer accepted. Will PM you there.

I bought this mods can close it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement