Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro cylinder replacement

Options
  • 06-06-2015 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi all
    I'm trying to change a euro cylinder on a front door. I've been unable to remove the securing Philips headed screw on the edge due to it being worn down. I've purchased a manual impact driver to try and remove it but no joy.

I'm wondering if the screw I'm trying to remove is the correct one?. In the picture attached it's the worn looking one level with the euro cylinder. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

That looks like it alright. As you said it's level with the two key positions

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭eoinsie74

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

One thing you might need to have the key in the lock and turned slight to get the cylinder out. They are lined up to not slide out when the key is out to stop people popping them through

Advertisement