Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know who puts in fireplaces?

Options
  • 06-06-2015 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Looking to get a fireplace put in. I dont have a clue what trade does this. Any recommendations on anyone in cork and any idea of price? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Tubsand wrote: »
    Looking to get a fireplace put in. I dont have a clue what trade does this. Any recommendations on anyone in cork and any idea of price? Thanks

are you looking for a fireplace as well? usually the crowd you buy from install.

There's a crowd up in Kilbeheny that have 1000s. Seriously, never saw such a choice. You'll be sick of looking at them.
    Place is chaotic though, in a farm, buildings everywhere full of the things.
    Legit too. Ask in the village shop for directions, as they're bit tricky to find.
    And they'll put them in. Very decent lot. Bought two fireplaces off them over the years, no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Headstone companies generally deal in fireplaces as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Try house of heat here :

http://houseofheat.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭orthsquel

You could also try Blarney Street Fireplaces (on 354 Blarney St Cork City); folks were in there a while back looking to find out more about getting a new fireplace put in (have yet to do so, so I can't tell you how good they are), but my general impression is that they know what they're talking about, and would install the fireplace for you, so long as you have swept the chimney first beforehand.

Also you could try Heat Merchants out on Curragh Road, Turners Cross right next to Tubs and Tiles. I think they do stoves mainly but possibly fireplaces too, maybe better to phone and ask.

Advertisement