Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sick Cat!

• 06-06-2015 4:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭

hi. our family cat who is 8 years of age, he was acting weird the past few days and today, he went into the shed which is odd for him and he is laying there with a look in his face like he is in pain. his mouth is watery from time to time, his eyes look so sad. he is clearly in pain inside. he lets off a weird meow every so often and wasnt following my finger movement just there but he did close them a tiny bit when i moved my finger toward his eyes. he got up back into the shed after we moved him..he layed like he was paralysed before he got up..until then, i was assuming the worst

no vets seem to be open at this time on a saturdayand we have no pet insurance or anything like that.

my mother is distraught as she thinks he is dying as we had a dog who died very old in similar manner.

:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭gipi

Vets may have an emergency service for out of hours - try phoning them and you might get the emergency number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Try the pet emergency hospital in UCD.

http://petemergencyhospital.ie

If you phone your own vet they may have out of hours options too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Ring the vet, there will be a mobile number given on the voicemail message for emergencies.

Don't let him suffer. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

http://www.petemergencyhospital.ie/

Its in UCD grounds,ring before you go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

my auntie brought him and my ma to a vet. i think it is the UCD one mentioned above. so sad seeing him go. by how fluffy was, i expect it to have been my last time seeing him :(

thanks guys!

• Advertisement

Hope he is ok OP, glad to hear he is gone to be seen.

MrWalsh wrote: »
    Hope he is ok OP, glad to hear he is gone to be seen.

thanks alot. still no call yet so ive no idea how he is yet

He was put down. They said he was in unbearable pain due to kidney failure.

We are all shattered :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

MarkY91 wrote: »

So sorry to hear that,we have been through that ourselves a few times,its very upsetting,

At least he is no longer in pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭gipi

MarkY91 wrote: »

Sorry to hear the news Mark. Poor puss :*(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Lost our cat a few weeks ago. I'm sorry for your loss :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

So sorry for your loss. Take comfort that he's no longer suffering.

Thanks guys. What a shock. I doubt we eill get another pet in future as it will end like this again oneday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

You gotta remember the good times Mark

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this. The thing to remember now is that you guys selflessly gave an animal a lovely home and life for as long as he needed, and that you helped him at the end rather than let him suffer.

thanks walsh. it was a tough day. ill unfollow my thread now as seeing all of this isnt nice. thanks alot for the kind words everyone!

Advertisement