Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost saoirview channels

• 06-06-2015 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21

Hi all. I have an alba saoirview box in my bedroom with an indoor aerial. Perfect picture. But, I lost the remote last year and only got a new one last week, so only back to using the box and tv. Now for some reason I can only get rte 1,rte 1 +1, utv Ireland and rte jnr! Tried rescanning for channels but nothing. Has anyone got any ideas what it might be please? Not too tech savvy myself

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Those channels you receive are on the same frequency/mux, you're not receiving the other one. Try moving the aerial around and then rescanning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 Mamamia51

The Cush wrote: »
    Those channels you receive are on the same frequency/mux, you're not receiving the other one. Try moving the aerial around and then rescanning.

The Cush,thanks! Have tried that but will try again. its strange that i got them before but can't get them now. Its the same aerial as well

Mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Indoor aerials would only be recommended in strong signal areas. There may be a slight difference in signal levels inside the house from the different frequencies. With digital TV if the signal is below a certain level you get a broken picture or nothing at all while just above the level everything appears OK, the point where the signal falls over the threshold is called the "digital cliff".

What type of indoor aerial are you using? A UHF indoor aerial like similar to this would be recommended - http://cpc.farnell.com/mercury/sto2/set-top-aerial-olympik-2/dp/AP00025

This from Saorview
    Can I Use An Indoor Portable Aerial, Rabbits Ears?

RTÉNL does not recommend the use of indoor portable aerials. They are too susceptible to localised physical and electrical interference. Terrestrial transmission of television, analogue and digital, is designed and built around rooftop reception.

It will be possible for over 50% of the population to receive SAORVIEW with an indoor portable aerial. However on a house to house basis there are many factors than impact on the effectiveness of a portable aerial. For example the orientation of your house, the location of the television in the house, the construction materials, the insulation materials, the proximity to neighbouring houses, walls and obstructions will all impact reception.

An outdoor aerial, positioned as high as possible, pointing towards the appropriate transmission site, with no local obstructions is recommended and will give the best results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 Mamamia51

Cush it's an aerial shaped like a leaf. I might have to go for the one you recommend above.
    Thanks for your help!

Mm

Advertisement