Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Level of maths in Enterprise Computing?

• 06-06-2015 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Have enterprise computing down as first choice, now im good with computers and have a good IT knowledge in general and have actually worked in IT. I'm however a bit worried about the maths. How hard is the actual maths in this course? since im an international student im not sure what my math grade in Irish grades would be but im guessing it would be about hc1 i thnk.

So basically how hard is it and do you only study maths in the first year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Cowboyy

also what kind of maths is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭AKeenan348

Cowboyy wrote: »
    Have enterprise computing down as first choice, now im good with computers and have a good IT knowledge in general and have actually worked in IT. I'm however a bit worried about the maths. How hard is the actual maths in this course? since im an international student im not sure what my math grade in Irish grades would be but im guessing it would be about hc1 i thnk.

So basically how hard is it and do you only study maths in the first year?

Hi,

i was just on the forum for DCU and seen your question. I had a look at some of the maths for the course you're on. They look Honours Leaving Cert. If you're interested and you can judge yourself, you can download past exam papers. go to the page for your course, then the module, then click the link for Online Module Resources at the top. Past exam papers are in there. Follow the same instructions for your other modules.

AKeenan348 wrote: »
    Hi,

i was just on the forum for DCU and seen your question. I had a look at some of the maths for the course you're on. They look Honours Leaving Cert. If you're interested and you can judge yourself, you can download past exam papers. go to the page for your course, then the module, then click the link for Online Module Resources at the top. Past exam papers are in there. Follow the same instructions for your other modules.

great thanks will have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Jamezzyboyoo

Hi Cowboyy,

I am a CA student however, this year we have done the same maths course as Enterprise Computing (EC). When you come into DCU, it is assumed you have no prior knowledge, so they will start from the ground up. Our maths module is MS121 and will remain the same for next years first years.

Unless they change it, the module is year long, this means you have a year to study it, we also have the maths learning center in the library which will help you if your stuck on certain topics, also found the lecturers this year to be quite approachable and helpful.

My advice would be, don't let the level of maths, or any other module dictate your choice of degree! :)

Hi Cowboyy,

I am a CA student however, this year we have done the same maths course as Enterprise Computing (EC). When you come into DCU, it is assumed you have no prior knowledge, so they will start from the ground up. Our maths module is MS121 and will remain the same for next years first years.

Unless they change it, the module is year long, this means you have a year to study it, we also have the maths learning center in the library which will help you if your stuck on certain topics, also found the lecturers this year to be quite approachable and helpful.

My advice would be, don't let the level of maths, or any other module dictate your choice of degree! :)

great thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement