Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweet potato fish pie - with peanuts? Rank?

Options
  • 06-06-2015 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭

Hey all

I've been shopping for dinner (at last!), and I'm making a fish pie tonight with salmon, shrimp, and whitefish, veg, lots of garlic, tomato/cream sauce based, and sweet potato topping. I got a notion to pick up some peanuts at the shops. They'll get eaten anyway, but I bought them with the intention of throwing them in.

I'm not sure. Much as I love peanuts, would they jar with the whole thing? I can't make up my mind. I also got sweetcorn, but I think I'll leave that out.

First world problems..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Sweetcorn is good in fish pie, but I don't know what they'd be like with sweet potato.

Peanuts, I would say, are a definite 'no'.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I imagine it's too late now, but if you blitzed the peanuts and sprinkled them as a topping, it could provide a nice textural contrast. I wouldn't put them in the pie itself though.

Advertisement