Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumia 520 What is Find my phone

Options
  • 06-06-2015 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭

Can anyone explain in simple English what find my phone is? I see it in settings but don't know what it is for or how I can us it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Bayberry

bobbyss wrote: »
    Can anyone explain in simple English what find my phone is? I see it in settings but don't know what it is for or how I can us it.
    It records the GPS location of your phone on a regular basis, and then if you lose your phone, you can log into your account on the web and see what the last recorded location of the phone is.

It won't help you much if you can't remember whether it's under the sofa or it fell off the bed, but it might help if you lef it at a restaurant or a friends house.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/How-to/wp8/settings-and-personalization/find-a-lost-phone

You can also use it to lock you phone remotely, or even to wipe it if you're sure it's been stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

The best part is that even if you have your phone on silent you can sign in to your account on the net and get the phone to ring at full volume. Proved very useful last week when my son lost his phone in long grass and it was on silent.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Thank you for feedback.

Advertisement