Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube music channel - how to monetize?

• 06-06-2015 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I recently started getting a lot of views on my youtube channel where I upload house mixes and am wondering about music networks? I can't monetize my videos at the moment as I don't have the copyright the the tracks I use but I heard some "networks" can get the the copyright for you if you pay them some of your ad revenue?

Anyone know anything about this?

Many thanks,
    brendan.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

breddiek wrote: »
    I recently started getting a lot of views on my youtube channel where I upload house mixes and am wondering about music networks? I can't monetize my videos at the moment as I don't have the copyright the the tracks I use but I heard some "networks" can get the the copyright for you if you pay them some of your ad revenue?

Anyone know anything about this?

Many thanks,
    brendan.

I think it depends on how many subscribers you get and then YouTube can make you a certain type of contributor which can lead to monies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 breddiek

Yea I'm a partner already but I can't make money because I don't own the rights to the songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

breddiek wrote: »
    Yea I'm a partner already but I can't make money because I don't own the rights to the songs.

Ah right. Well I'd say if a 3rd party were securing the copyright for you and then taking a percentage it would be pretty hefty

Advertisement