Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports clubs for 3.5 year old in drogheda

Options
  • 06-06-2015 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

The young lad has been doing swimming for the last year, but want to start getting him into getting involved in any other sport now as well.

I don't think the the gaa or football clubs take them until they're about 5.

Looking at photos of the little ninjas in industrial estate on their Facebook page, he might be too young for that group.

Any recommendations? Am open to any sport!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LOU76

My nephews went to Rugbytots at The Barbican in Drogheda from age 2 and really enjoyed it. They do classes all over the country. See rugbytots.ie for info on the classes and contact details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

To be honest, he is much too young yet. Just let him go outside and play...Play ball with him...Take him out on a bike... Keep at the swimming...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭United Park

The young lad is outside non stop to be fair, on scooter, bike, runs around like mad, etc. hard to keep him in!!

he loves the swimming but would like to mix it up for him.

Thanks for the recommendation lou76. Saw the rugbytots online a couple of weeks ago, might book him in for next term (not advertised yet!). Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Some of the GAA clubs run nursery sessions. Ours does on a Saturday morning from 10.15 for 45 mins. Children from age 3 upwards are welcome. They move up a level at age 5.

Check with your local GAA club if they have such a thing. I'm not a million miles from Drogheda but not near enough for it to be convenient for you.

Advertisement