Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boundary maps

Options
  • 06-06-2015 8:19pm

Hi all,

If a seller says they've lost the boundary maps is it possible to get hold of a copy from someplace else? Land registry? The large garden is one of the most important aspects of a house we're buying so we want to be sure of exactly what we'll own. There's no fencing or anything in place currently to define it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

See here,
    http://www.prai.ie/faqs-2/
    Can I get a map of my property?

Maps are not retained in the Registry of Deeds. There is no record of boundaries.

No information can be found on foot of O.S. references. In some cases the extent of the property is described in the Memorial of the Deed conveying, leasing or mortgaging it.

Maybe you can ask your neighbours on the right ,left, beside the garden,and
    behind the garden,
    to lend you a copy ,or photo,s , of the boundary maps they have

.http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/owning_a_home/buying_a_home/property_deeds.html

How to obtain a certified copy of a folio (filed plan)
    When you know the folio number

If you know the relevant folio number can apply for a certified copy of the folio and map. The fee for a certified copy folio is €6. Click here to download an application form for certified copy folio (MS Word). A certified copy folio with filed plan (map) attached is € 25. Click here to download an application form for a certified copy folio with filed plan (MS Word).

riclad wrote: »
    Maps are not retained in the Registry of Deeds. There is no record of boundaries.

No information can be found on foot of O.S. references. In some cases the extent of the property is described in the Memorial of the Deed conveying, leasing or mortgaging it.

Maybe you can ask your neighbours on the right ,left, beside the garden,and
    behind the garden,
    to lend you a copy ,or photo,s , of the boundary maps they have

Thanks for your help. There's only a neighbour on one side so I'll have to look into who owns the surrounding land. Hopefully the originally map will turn up!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

i,m not a lawyer,
    but even if theres no map with a deed or a folio,
    There may be a written description ,
    eg behind house garden is 20ft x40ft ,
    20ft to the south ,40ft west ,etc
    which may help you.
    I know people who bought houses , they have deeds ,
    eg not every house deed has a map to go with it .
    The boundarys are described on the deeds .
    I Think you can do free searchs on the land commision,
    and registry of deeds ,and then pay for the documents you need .
    Your neighbours or local estate agents may know who owns the land .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

See off you can find it here
    https://www.landdirect.ie/pramap.aspx/#

Advertisement