Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pistol Clubs in NI

• 06-06-2015 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47

Obviously I missed the boat before 2009 and never applied for a centerfire pistol license, after being in Vegas a couple of times and shooting 9mm Pistols its something that I would really like to do on a more regular basis, I know its impossible to license a new application of a centerfire pistol down here in the south of Ireland but is anyone familiar with the process of getting a license and joining a club in NI?

Any information on this would be great, I am aware the gun would have to be kept at the range in question but still that would not bother me too much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭cw67irl

You can't get a licence in NI unless you are a resident however a lot of clubs up there have Club guns you can sign out when you get to the range do your shooting then sign them back in. ..

Check out NITSA just past Newry, It's right beside the motorway between Newry and Banbridge PM me for more info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Wadi14

As already mentioned by cw67irl, you cant get a licence in the North if you reside in the Rep. and as you know you cant get a full bore pistol licence in the Rep, you can be a firearms holder who lives in the Rep and join a target club in the North but to carry your firearms in the North you will need an EU pass and a NI visitors pass,

So if your legal here and have all the correct documentation you can join an NI club and avail of their facilities. The question of storing your Irish Firearms don't really come into it, as you have to store them at your home, and not all clubs have storage, I know the one I'm in doesn't have storage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 SiMurphy9

cw67irl wrote: »
    You can't get a licence in NI unless you are a resident however a lot of clubs up there have Club guns you can sign out when you get to the range do your shooting then sign them back in. ..

Check out NITSA just past Newry, It's right beside the motorway between Newry and Banbridge PM me for more info

Thanks very much for the information.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Thedeerstalker

Lads, Myself two other fellows I shoot with have NI Guns, and are not resident....We are club members, and I never knew there was a restriction on anyone from South of the Border not being allowed an NI Gun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Lads, Myself two other fellows I shoot with have NI Guns, and are not resident....We are club members, and I never knew there was a restriction on anyone from South of the Border not being allowed an NI Gun

Can I ask what guns you have and where r they Kept ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement