Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England fans in Temple Bar Tonight

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Darpa

Tilly wrote: »
    I sure do, slow sweet soft kisses ;)

I hope you wipe first Tilly

VinLieger wrote: »
    Again another example of how rugby fans are just have better sportsmanship no matter what country they are from

Always the way in smaller sports enjoyed by the middle classes.

Tennis and hockey have wonderful fans too.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭chair28

thebaz wrote: »
    dreadful game - but as I joked with a few English after how things have changed in 20 years - England are now my second favourite team - economically they did more for us recently than the Germans - and besides we have a lot more in common - language, good music , enjoy a good drink , football, rugby - the English are now are good friends - always have good crack with them when away , we have so much in common , that was hidden for years and throughout my youth

Because of one stupid boring 0-0 friendly in which all the scumbag English fans weren't aloud to aloud to travel they are your new second favourite team??? My god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

economically they did more for us recently than the Germans

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭chair28

economically they did more for us recently than the Germans

And historically???? Yeah they were real good to us alright......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

porsche959 wrote: »
    lol

yeah - lol - it was the Germans who pushed us to pay back money we didn't have - and didn't want make any concessions - and drove many to an early grave. Lived in England much of my life , and like any society there is the good and the bad. Some of my best mates are now English , but growing up I too was told to hate them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

To be fair, the 'Sepp Blatter paid for your ground' chants were funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Can't be bothered reading through this abortion of a thread. Can anyone tell me if there was e'er a scrap?

Can't be bothered reading through this abortion of a thread. Can anyone tell me if there was e'er a scrap?

What's wrong with abortion ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Darpa wrote: »

I don't like how it's pronounced. Sounds ugly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

What happens to an abortion? Does it go into a medical waste bin, or a recycling bin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Wang King wrote: »
    What happens to an abortion? Does it go into a medical waste bin, or a recycling bin?

They become Politicans

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

yeah - lol - it was the Germans who pushed us to pay back money we didn't have - and didn't want make any concessions - and drove many to an early grave. Lived in England much of my life , and like any society there is the good and the bad. Some of my best mates are now English , but growing up I too was told to hate them

My dear friend, you need to educate yourself before making such wild assumptions and accusations.

The Germans drove many to an early grave because we couldn't pay back money, seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

Nothing. Abortions are awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

English fans or 95% of them are good fans who love their country and go wherever team plays.

Far worse sets of supporters. At least the Hooligan element of English fans look to take on troublemakers rather then rather then people looking to avoid it.

Then again I have bit of English blood in me. WadIreland all the way today, even if nothing match these days.

• Advertisement

Ok, but Toe the line the next time like this chap.
    Nothing. Abortions are awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

anto9 wrote: »
    >>It’s fair to say that England’s bore draw with Ireland in Dublin was, without a doubt, one of the most frustratingly dull matches of football in living memory.

Despite the domestic football season now officially being over, following a month of final fixtures, a much anticipated friendly between two home nations should have been enough to inspire both the players and the fans.

However, it appeared that the match would have passed many football fans by had it not been for the monotony of Sunday television, forcing viewers to endlessly flick between the channels, desperately trying to avoid Judge Judy, Top Gear and Friends re-runs.

But for those who had tuned into watching England by flicking onto ITV by accident, they would have certainly regretted that decision, such were abysmal nature of the two sides’ performance.<<

Did not miss much it seems .

english domestic season you mean. Also home nations???

So called Irish fans embarrasing themselves again booing some english player cos he wont sign a contract with their favourite english club.

More proof that the majority of football "fans" at home dont have a clue about the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

The tension between the 2 countries is gone. It's old news at this stage and some people are not happy with that.

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    So called Irish fans embarrasing themselves again booing some english player cos he wont sign a contract with their favourite english club.

Was thinking about that today.

Imagine England playing Spain and thousands of England supporters booed a Spanish player because he wouldn't sign a contract for the Spanish club they all exclusively supported.

The mind boggles a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

anncoates wrote: »

Imagine England playing Spain and thousands of England supporters booed a Spanish player because he wouldn't sign a contract for the Spanish club they all exclusively supported.

The mind boggles a bit.

Its the great paradox of Irish football fans.
    Hate it when they boo ex Rangers players too.

• Advertisement

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    The tension between the 2 countries is gone. It's old news at this stage and some people are not happy with that.

Bout time we joined the commonwealth and got a few extra jobs and business contacts for the country too. Pity it took the English fans 20 years to learn how to behave though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

The mind boggles a bit.

Shockingly dumb. I mean if this Sterling character announced he was signing for Liverpool at half time would the booing turn to cheering? Would they cheer if he scored.

I remember seeing an interview with an Ireland supporter and united fan who was hoping for a draw when Ireland played Denmark because he wanted Schmeichel to keep a clean sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Menas wrote: »
    Its the great paradox of Irish football fans.
    Hate it when they boo ex Rangers players too.

Especially when the announcer gets the name wrong and they spend the whole time booing the wrong player.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

Shockingly dumb. I mean if this Sterling character announced he was signing for Liverpool at half time would the booing turn to cheering? Would they cheer if he scored.

I remember seeing an interview with an Ireland supporter and united fan who was hoping for a draw when Ireland played Denmark because he wanted Schmeichel to keep a clean sheet.

That was probably a friendly in either 2001 or 2002: http://www.11v11.com/teams/denmark/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Republic%20of%20Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    english domestic season you mean. Also home nations???

More proof that the majority of football "fans" at home dont have a clue about the game.

Rabble rabble barstool rabble.

Look out lads the self hating Irish are here again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭briany

kfallon wrote: »
    Yeah, hardly coming close to winning it!

There were only 8 teams in the whole of the Euros back in '88 and the knockouts were two semis and a final. In a sense it was the joint-closest they've ever come to winning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Two lads from sligo swapped punches. Does that count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

anto9 wrote: »

Despite the domestic football season now officially being over, following a month of final fixtures, a much anticipated friendly between two home nations should have been enough to inspire both the players and the fans.

1) The domestic season is far from over, it's not even half way through.

2) Home nation is a bit of a stretch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Rabble rabble barstool rabble.

Eh how. Domestic season is nowhere near over. It's just fact.

• Advertisement

Bout time we joined the commonwealth and got a few extra jobs and business contacts for the country too. .
    Look out lads the self hating Irish are here again

No bites, horse. Hate that.

Maybe wait until everybody comes in from the pub and have another go.

No bites, horse. Hate that.

Maybe wait until everybody comes in from the pub and have another go.

you did arf arf arf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

Its all been a bit of an anti climax. No fights, no goals, no controversy. And the bizarre sight of raheem sterling being booed ny Irish fans. Very strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭onlyme!

theres something and nothing going on at the minute, with the guards there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Temple Bar is populated by thousands of English visitors from one end of the year to another.

As is many towns and city's in Ireland.

Get a life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

onlyme! wrote: »

I see that too, came here to find out if anyone knew what was going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

onlyme! wrote: »

Pint break?

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Looking at the screen grabs below it looks as if the Gaurds have been there for a few hours now. Just a precaution I reckons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Guards have been out in force all day. Nothing out of the ordinary for them other than confiscating flags and banners from home fans at the whim of John Delaney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

2 vans and 8 mounted patrol just went through :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭gooner99

Walked through there bout 8.probably 50 - 100 england fans outside a pub, well on but just singing.plenty uniformed guards about, few guards on horse back, 2 guards with dogs, lots or marked and unmarked vans with riot squad in back. Went for a bite to eat and when leaving the riot squad and a big paddy wagen were taking a walk through.id say just making their presence felt. Id imagine english police would be keeping them informed of any known trouble makers if any were in the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Well, one things for sure, the england fans are being completely ripped off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Collie D wrote: »
    confiscating flags and banners from home fans

And why not seeing as home fans typically have no respect for the flag to begin with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Cienciano wrote: »
    Well, one things for sure, the england fans are being completely ripped off.

Following their team all over the world playing that type of scutter for the last 50 years they're well used to it.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Temple Bar looks like Blade Runner's LA 2019 on a very low budget with those lit mobile signs and rickshaws

Temple Bar looks like Blade Runner's LA 2019 on a very low budget with those lit mobile signs and rickshaws

oi arry eve it awt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

JustTheOne wrote: »
    My dear friend, you need to educate yourself before making such wild assumptions and accusations.

The Germans drove many to an early grave because we couldn't pay back money, seriously?

people died cause of the recession - people i know - so less of the patronising ****e - Germany did us little favours in our time of economic need , they wanted all debt payed to there precocious bankers & investors . Obviously they weren't solely to blame , but the British were much better friends to us in our time of economic need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I've just left the oval pub in Dublin with my mate and received a very important lesson.

Apparently Roy Hodgson is taking his team to Paris and Britain never surrendered to the IRA.

• Advertisement
Advertisement