Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another which bike question!

• 06-06-2015 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Apologies for this, as I'm sure it happens all the time. But I'm looking for some advice about purchasing an entry level road bike. I've narrowed it down to three that I've riden and like but I'm just wondering about the finer details and which if any has a better spec than the others.

1. Meridia ride 100 Juliet:
    FORK Road carbon comp
    DERAILLEUR FRONT Shimano Claris D
    DERAILLEUR REAR Shimano Sora GS
    SHIFTERS Shimano Claris
    BRAKE LEVER attached
    BRAKES ROAD Dual Pivot
    CHAINWHEEL FSA Tempo 50-34
    BBSET Cartridge Bearing
    CHAIN KMC 8s
    HUBS OV alloy / OV cassette
    RIM Merida comp 20 pair
    FREEWHEEL Sunrace CS-8S 11-32
    TIRES Kenda K1018 700 25
    HANDLEBAR STEM MERIDA Comp OS -6 lady
    HANDLEBAR Merida Anatomic road OS lady
    HEADSET Big Conoid semi neck pro
    SEAT POST MERIDA road comp SB12 27.2
    SADDLE Juliet Sport

2. Halfords Carerra TDF:
    OVERVIEW
    Brake Type: Dual Pivot Calliper Brakes
    Forks: Lightweight carbon bladed fork
    Frame Material: Alloy
    Number of Gears: 14
    Suspension: Rigid
    Wheel Size: 700c
    DETAILED SPECS
    Chainset: LASCO, FR650S, STEEL BLACK 50/34T - 165mm
    Frame: 7005 Alloy
    Front Brake: Tektro R312 Dual pivot
    Front Mech: Shimano Tourney
    Pedals: VP-399T Road Type
    Rear Brake: Tektro R312 Dual pivot
    Rear Mech: Shimano Tourney
    Type: Road Bikes
    Tyres: Vee Rubb

3. Specialized Dolce 2014:
    The Dolce has an A1 alloy frame with Women's Endurance Geometry, yet forgiving ride, while the Shimano Claris triple drivetrain provides reliable and quiet shifting.

Smooth-welded A1 Premium Aluminium frame with Women's Endurance Geometry delivers great performance and value
    Lightweight FACT carbon fork for precision steering through tight turns, with Zertz inserts to absorb road chatter
    Tough, durable, three-cross AXIS Classic wheelset with J-bend spokes; Espoir Sport road tyres with double BlackBelt puncture protection for a reliable ride
    Reliable, high-quality Shimano 2400 Claris drivetrain and triple crankset with removable rings for a wide range of reliable, easy-to-service gears
    Body Geometry Riva Women's saddle features generous padding for all-day performance and comfort

I want something for 10 plus commute each way, not every day and for 40-80km spins at weekends with the aim of getting back into multisport races.

Any help about the finer differences between these bikes would be gratefully appreciated, as most of it goes over my head, or even would they make much difference to me?!
    I can't avail of the bike to work scheme!

Ps sorry about all the text but I can't add links!

Advertisement