Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 bluetooth question

• 07-06-2015 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

Can someone with a 6 or 6 plus turn on bluetooth and see if your phone picks up any pc's, tablets or other data devices you might have in the area. My 6 just continuously scans. Other devices can see it but the phone sees zilch. Done the usual reset network settings to a full factory reset. The explanation I have read on apple support forums is because iOS does not support data transfer over bluetooth it will not see devices like pc's, tablet etc.. Airdrop is the recommended option. And this works fine between my iPhone and iMac. However I eventually got my iMac and iPhone to pair using bluetooth but had to turn on a hot spot on my phone, and force the iMac to connect to it's network. But true to form I wasn't able to transfer any files this way as expected. Continuity (handoff) works fine though as it uses bluetooth low power mode and doesn't require pairing.

I guess my worry is my bluetooth could be poxed as I did expect it to see my devices but not pair with them. So I probably need to try a set of bluetooth headphones to see what the story is.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

It won't pick up other devices, and only works for things like speakers or headsets. It's not designed for file transfer and won't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Great stuff. That's what I thought. Thanks.

Advertisement