Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to rent a 2-bedroom house in the countryside for €100 a week?

Options
  • 07-06-2015 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

The missus & I are thinking of moving out to the countryside to get away from the noise & commotion of the city life, plus imo we could save a couple of bob seeing as we're paying top dollar at the moment for rent.

Would it be feasible to rent a 2 bedroom house in rural Ireland for €100 a week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,363 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The missus & I are thinking of moving out to the countryside to get away from the noise & commotion of the city life, plus imo we could save a couple of bob seeing as we're paying top dollar at the moment for rent.

Would it be feasible to rent a 2 bedroom house in rural Ireland for €100 a week?

I would think you would have a choice of properties at 400 to 450 per month

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Yes. Look on daft

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

I don't think you'd get commuter belt for that price but you might get rosscomman or something.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

How rural are you willing to consider?
    Is the ability to commute to a major population density on a regular basis (as-in a couple of days a week- and not just for groceries at the weekend)- a need, or not. Do you need a good internet connection? What about schools etc?

You have a lot of things to consider. Simply escaping from the city to the countryside- is not a yes/no decision- it involves a lot of thoughts- alongside compromises........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Do you have a car? If not, living in the countryside is not really practical. You will easily get a house at your price range, but it will be a couple of miles from town, and you will need transport. Most county towns have a good service to Dublin. For example the 109 route has a bus every hour from 6 am till 8 pm, each way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I'm currently renting a house with my fiancee in my local village in South West Wexford. It's 2 double bedrooms with the third bedroom converted into an office. Main bathroom upstairs. Large sittingroom, conservatory & large modern kitchen downstairs with a W.C in hall. Private driveway out front with enough space for 3 cars and a private walled courtyard around the back.

All for €109 per week. So yes, I'd say it's very possible to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Do you have a car? If not, living in the countryside is not really practical. You will easily get a house at your price range, but it will be a couple of miles from town, and you will need transport. Most county towns have a good service to Dublin. For example the 109 route has a bus every hour from 6 am till 8 pm, each way.

most people dont need a car if they are not working and are close to shop and shops. its actually cheamer to vet a taxi when you want to go somewhere within 10miles approx when you work out the cost of car ownership

Advertisement