Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

castlegarden ride on mower problem

Options
  • 07-06-2015 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

Hi, my trusty old ride on is sick, its juddering forward when i put it into gear, does it need the drive belt changing or is the problem elsewhere?...TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

More than likely its the belt, what hp is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

More than likely its the belt, what hp is it?

Have you alot of hours put up on it since last belt roughly?

Have you alot of hours put up on it since last belt roughly?
    i haven't changed the belt since i bought it second hand about 8/9 yrs ago, just changed oil every yr, new plug and had to change battery last yr..

Belt well due so, maybe idlers too. That is good service you got there. You know any local person to have a look at it and replace belt etc?

• Advertisement

Belt well due so, maybe idlers too. That is good service you got there. You know any local person to have a look at it and replace belt etc?

yeah, i bought it off a local man who deals in lawnmowers, does repairs and services, i'll give him a ring monday...thanks for the advice, i'd give it a go myself but i would be too sure about taking the deck off..

for luck, the lad next door has a half decent ride on that he doesn't mind if i use it, he used to get mine before he bought his own ... i'd be pushing the small mower i have up and down the half acre if he didn't have one..

They are simple enough when you are used of them, the fella who you bought it off will diagnose and get you going. Give an update on how you get on and what problem was.

They are simple enough when you are used of them, the fella who you bought it off will diagnose and get you going. Give an update on how you get on and what problem was.
    no problem, i'll let the board know...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Davy 55

Hi have an issue with my ride on lawnmower. When I started it this mornin. The blades starting move in the drive position. This shouldn't happen until I lower the blades onto the gras. When I lower the blades to the grass they stop moving. Any idea what's wrong. Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement