Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ispcas enforcement of law with regards dogs social needs

• 07-06-2015 8:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

I posted here about 8 months ago about a neighbour whose dog is left it in a tiny concrete patio from 7.30 till 11pm , the only break being an hour long walk in the evening. She can bark for upto 3 hours nonstop (the dark winter evenings, this is the norm ) so obviously highly distressed. People here advised me to contact ispca which I did. They called but as dog was being fed, watered, and physically not being mistreated, then all was rosy. My neughbour subsequently accosted me basically to say na na na na na , she was vindicated and her dog was normal, dogs bark etc (she was quoting ispca inspector). I have zero faith in the ispca now. They claim they can only enforce the law, but they could surely advise that it's not natural or right for a dog to be left alone with no stimulation? They influence how society treat dogs when they basically tell people that ignoring the pets social/mental needs is acceptable.
    Only avenue left for me now (short of dog napping) is the barking. Kept a bit of record but it upsets me to hear her bark so I keep all windows closed and tv on when I'm in house so my tracking hadn't been consistent. Would the fact that dog is brought in at night mean I'd be laughed out of court as all dogs bark during daytime (not for more than 5 minutes at a time based on my own two though!!)

weds 8/10/14 8pm for an hour
    Thurs 9/10 7pm for an hour
    Sat 10/10 8pm for an hour

sun 19/10  9am for over an hour almost constant

Tues 21/10 from 6.30 til 9pm constant

Thursday 23/10 7pm till 7.30; 9 to 9.30

7.45am Sunday morning 26/10

9.30 Sunday morning. 50-50 for over an hour.

monday 22 dec. 5pm till 11 pm for half the time.
    started recording again. 
    fri 20/2/15. 5pm until 5.30 constant
    7pm until 8.30  constant

sat nite 12.30am barked for 20 minutes on and off. Couldn't sleep.

started recording on 27th feb.7.30 till after 9.15 continuous.

18th march. 8am for 15 minutes. 5 pm to 5.20. 7pm to 8.15 almost constant.9.30 until 10.15 almost constant.

19th March.  8.35 till  ....9am
    7pm til 7.30

6th April Monday bank hol. 8.45 am to 9.12
    7th April.  10.35 pm until 10.52pm constant

24 may. 11 pm barking from half 10 . I had to close windows and put on music
    25th may.6.40 am until 8am. ten minutes on ten minutes off.

3rd June. 10:32 pm till 10:50pm

7 june.sunday 7.55am until 8.20 when I went down to dog and calmed him down by talking to him for 5 minutes. She started again at 8.35 till..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Why dont you call in and tell the neighbour the barking is disturbing your peaceful enjoyment of your home - while the barking is going on?

They sound like scumbags tbh to allow this to be going on so I wouldnt expect too much of a response.

Contact the local authority re noise disturbance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Caked down twice and she told me eff off and it was her dog and she could do what she liked with it!! After ispca caled out and said dog was fine, she felt vindicated and abused me on the street and said she'd call guards if I set foot on her property again to complain. A horrible woman!!!
    From what I've read the local authorities don't pursue these cases but you have to bring to court yourself.

Advertisement