Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens SPC Questions

Options
  • 07-06-2015 10:23am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all - I'm considering getting one of these for a family business (no alarm at present) and have a few questions.

Can this system talk to a central monitoring station via Ethernet or do you require a PSTN line?

For the prox keypads, can these read ACT prox fobs like the HKC SecureWave prox keypads can (I'm told)?

Is it possible to wire point ID sensors?

If in the future we want it monitored, does it meet EN50131 to use, say for example, a 16 core cable and have it tampered once and route it through each PIR on a line, each on it's own zone with same power supply?

I'll probably have more questions as I don't know a thing about this. Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Mr. G wrote: »
    Hi all - I'm considering getting one of these for a family business (no alarm at present) and have a few questions.

Can this system talk to a central monitoring station via Ethernet or do you require a PSTN line?
    It can if the central station supports IP reception. Some don't' . Would recommend a PSTV,GSM or radio back up as well though.
    For the prox keypads, can these read ACT prox fobs like the HKC SecureWave prox keypads can (I'm told)?
    The new touch screen SPCK521 can read most cards, including contactless bank cards.
    Is it possible to wire point ID sensors?
    No.
    If in the future we want it monitored, does it meet EN50131 to use, say for example, a 16 core cable and have it tampered once and route it through each PIR on a line, each on it's own zone with same power supply?
    It would or you could have each PiR with its own tamper using a pair & duel EOL configuration.
    I'll probably have more questions as I don't know a thing about this. Thanks!
    No problem , fire away.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

The new touch screen SPCK521 can read most cards, including contactless bank cards.

Thanks for your help.

Does the Siemens SPCK421 Prox keypad support regular ACT fobs? This would make life a lot easier!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not sure to be honest.Is it that you want to learn in existing fobs that you have for something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

As far as I know it will read ACT fobs.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

KoolKid wrote: »
    Not sure to be honest.Is it that you want to learn in existing fobs that you have for something else?

Yes - fobs are from an ACT Access Control system, so you can see the convenience of just using one fob for both controlled doors and the alarm.
    As far as I know it will read ACT fobs.

Hopefully!

How much should I expect to pay for a Siemens 4320 + prox keypad? Not sure if this is allowed to be discussed or not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement