Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or does Lee Strand milk taste different the last few weeks?

Options
  • 07-06-2015 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

I've started to notice that sweet aftertaste you get from the continental milks from their full fat milk. Don't really like it much. Anyone else notice the same?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The_Mac wrote: »
    I've started to notice that sweet aftertaste you get from the continental milks from their full fat milk. Don't really like it much. Anyone else notice the same?

not noticed there been anything different about it! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Yeah I got the same from the regular Lee strand milk. Definitely a sweeter taste but too much. I don't have sugar in tea or on cereal and it still tasted sweet. I switched to Lee strand skim milk and it's fine. I find it better for tea anyway. And it's ok for cereal.

But issn't milk sold in Ireland generally homogenized?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

As a lifelong drinker - and lover - of Lee Strand milk, I have not noticed any difference lately. The quality hasn't dipped as I'm aware of but I'll pay more attention to see if you're on to something. (Not implying that I'm an expert or anything but I drink about 2 litres a day)

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Try Valentia Island Dairy milk if you can get it. Mmmmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

JonathonS wrote: »
    Try Valentia Island Dairy milk if you can get it. Mmmmmm.

And the Valentia Island natural yoghurt! I'm not usually one for natural yoghurt but that stuff is just fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

surely good milk will taste differently over the seasons with a sweeter taste in spring with spring grass?

Advertisement