Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballinahown - Residences

Options
  • 07-06-2015 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Guys,

I would be joining work in Ballinahown . Is it possible to find a good 1 bedroom apartment to live there and commute to work? If not which would be the nearest locality to reside for a person who has to rely on public transport / car pooling

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

kri88 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I would be joining work in Ballinahown . Is it possible to find a good 1 bedroom apartment to live there and commute to work? If not which would be the nearest locality to reside for a person who has to rely on public transport / car pooling

Where exactly are you working, the Tully Business Park ?

One can rent a nice 3 bed for 600/700 in the area,

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kri88

Where exactly are you working, the Tully Business Park ?

One can rent a nice 3 bed for 600/700 in the area,

Tully Business Park it is. I will be moving there with my wife. I would ideally like a single or double bedroom house. Is it a nice place for residence?

As in super markets, restaurants etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Tully Business Park it is. I will be moving there with my wife. I would ideally like a single or double bedroom house. Is it a nice place for residence?

In Tully itself there isnt a huge amount close by the business park. You have Durkin's supermarket (costcutter I think) and 2 pubs, Tigh Johnny Sean and Tigh Tommy (which serves food). There is Joyces supermarket between there and Spiddal, and in Spiddal is the next closest place to get food.
    Are either of you driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kri88

LowOdour wrote: »
    In Tully itself there isnt a huge amount close by the business park. You have Durkin's supermarket (costcutter I think) and 2 pubs, Tigh Johnny Sean and Tigh Tommy (which serves food). There is Joyces supermarket between there and Spiddal, and in Spiddal is the next closest place to get food.
    Are either of you driving?

Thank you for your kind response. We do plan to rent a car initially, until we settle down.
    I haven't been in Ireland at all. Is it possible to get around and travel without a car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Thank you for your kind response. We do plan to rent a car initially, until we settle down.
    I haven't been in Ireland at all. Is it possible to get around and travel without a car?

There is a bus service (http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1277300272-424.pdf) if you needed to get around. Not sure how times would suit you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

The Area is rural, so little within any kind of Walking Distance.

Tully Business Park is about 2km to the nearest Shop (Durkins CostCutter) which is a good convenience Store, Does Hot Food during the day, has an off Licence.

What is your start time, if you start before 09:00hrs, a Bus from Spideal/Inverin/Galway is not really practical, but if you wanted to try Carraroe, you have a Bus as early as 07:00hrs

Advertisement