Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert maths- what options have I if I fail it?

• 07-06-2015 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Ok so I found all the answers online for the paper 1. I'm pretty sure I failed and I'm pretty sure I'm going to do just as bad in paper 2 tomorrow! If I fail, what other options do I have?! I'm looking at doing computer science.

I really can't repeat! This year has been so stressful I couldn't do it again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Scirpt

What course are you looking at and what grade do you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shivs123

Scirpt wrote: »
    What course are you looking at and what grade do you need?

I'm looking at DCU, which is 370 for computer enterprise or 400 for computer applications. Both require a D3 in maths! I also have DIT and ITT down, they vary from 315-400!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Kermin

Im pretty sure you can just repeat maths next year if you meet your entry requirements but fail maths. If its any consolation to you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shoopdeboop

DIT run a maths exam in August for the people who fail but need it, maybe look that as a backup at least!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Shivs123 wrote: »
    Ok so I found all the answers online for the paper 1. I'm pretty sure I failed and I'm pretty sure I'm going to do just as bad in paper 2 tomorrow! If I fail, what other options do I have?! I'm looking at doing computer science.
    Firstly, you don't know you failed. You've only covered one paper, and everyone found if tough, so it's likely to be marked easily.

Secondly, you have another paper to go. THAT is what you should be concentrating on right now.

Thirdly, see shoop's and Kermin's posts:
    DIT run a maths exam in August for the people who fail but need it, maybe look that as a backup at least!
    Kermin wrote: »
    Im pretty sure you can just repeat maths next year if you meet your entry requirements but fail maths. If its any consolation to you :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

where did you find the answers??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭BlueWolf16

Don't want to be mean, but if you are bad at maths, is computer science really the thing for you? I'll be doing it myself, and you should know that it isn't just programming - it is basically theoretical mathematics. Atleast half of the course will likely be pure maths, so if you can't keep up at it right now, you will also likely struggle at uni level.

Now thats out of the way, most unis have exams to sit at the start, so you should be okay in terms of that. How did you get on at P2?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shivs123

Paper 2 was better! I think I could have scrapped a pass.
    Yeah I'm aware it's a lot of maths but my dad is a manager of a huge computer software company so he'll be able to help me with stuff in college!

Advertisement