Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom outage Dunmore Road

Options
  • 07-06-2015 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Seems that there's a major Eircom outage affecting phonelines on the Dunmore Road since Friday morning.

According to WLR posting on Facebook:
    "Due to a major Eircom outage on the Dunmore Road in Waterford City, you might experience difficulties getting through to landlines in that area. Crews are currently working to fix the problem. Note that the phoneline at University Hospital Waterford is working as normal."

Efibre seems ok but voice is gone on the same line. ADSL on another line is still there but really bad quality with CRC errors and low bandwith. Voice is gone on that line too.

Regards...jmcc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Seems to be back in some places.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭decies

My broadband has gone to pot last few days . Maybe this is connected ?? I am also less than 375 metres from e fibre cabinet on top of folly or farron park and still no efibre!!! ANYBODY LIVING NEAR THOSE AREAS WITH EIRCOM HAVE YOU ALL GOT EFIBRE OR WHAT? Thank you .

decies wrote: »
    My broadband has gone to pot last few days . Maybe this is connected ?? I am also less than 375 metres from e fibre cabinet on top of folly or farron park and still no efibre!!! ANYBODY LIVING NEAR THOSE AREAS WITH EIRCOM HAVE YOU ALL GOT EFIBRE OR WHAT? Thank you .
    Well the outage also took out WLR's phones so that's roughly in the same area as Farran Park (I think). Basically the ADSL broadband on one of the lines here was banjaxed and the bandwidth was dropping from around 4Mb to under 1Mb and was getting a lot of errors. It is back now and the line quality, measured from the ADSL router is back to the normal line attentuation values. The problem seemed to be from somewhere in Newtown all out the Dunmore road as far as Viewmount at least. I have business EFibre on one of the lines here and although voice disappeared on the line as the result of the outage, the broadband remained and was fine. There seems to be a mix of UPC/Eircom/Sky/Others around here based on the WiFi data so it is not a completely Eircom area.

On the Efibre thing, it might be worth ringing Eircom about it as all the city should be covered by now.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭decies

I rang Eircom they still couldn't give me a answer why no E-Fibre. Also they adjusted my settings and my speed went up to 7mps on a 12 line. When I got off phone it dropped again to about 2mbs . I give up!!!!

You could try UPC.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
Advertisement