Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

organic Fruit Delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

We get fruit delivered to our office from http://www.flynnsfreshveg.com/
    It's great, but what we get isn't organic.
    Perhaps they do organic though? Mail and ask them, they are really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

quaalude wrote: »
    We get fruit delivered to our office from http://www.flynnsfreshveg.com/
    It's great, but what we get isn't organic.
    Perhaps they do organic though? Mail and ask them, they are really nice.

Thanks, i'll take a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I used to get a delivery from Absolutely Organic and no complaints about it at all. All the fruit & veg was good quality and we used to get awesome little seasonal extras in our bag like courgette blossoms & cherries. We only stopped because I don't eat in a way that a veg box works and I kept having to supplement the things I eat lots of and throw away stuff I didn't eat at all that had gone funny. But they were great and did nifty things like put recipes up on their blog for the thing in your delivery that week.

Flynn's fresh veg are also deadly! But as mentioned, don't think they're organic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

I used to get a delivery from Absolutely Organic and no complaints about it at all. All the fruit & veg was good quality and we used to get awesome little seasonal extras in our bag like courgette blossoms & cherries. We only stopped because I don't eat in a way that a veg box works and I kept having to supplement the things I eat lots of and throw away stuff I didn't eat at all that had gone funny. But they were great and did nifty things like put recipes up on their blog for the thing in your delivery that week.

Flynn's fresh veg are also deadly! But as mentioned, don't think they're organic

You've just reminded me, I used to get a weekly box from Absolutely Organic several years ago.
    I thought it sounded great, and it force me to be the sort of person I always wanted to be: organized, always cooking, trying new things, never getting a takeaway.
    But in reality I was fat and lazy and came to dread the arrival of the box each week, and the knowledge that I'd be slinging a load of parsnips in 2 weeks time after eating a Goodfellas pizza.

Now I'm all mad grown-up and healthy I might try getting the box again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

quaalude wrote: »
    But in reality I was fat and lazy and came to dread the arrival of the box each week, and the knowledge that I'd be slinging a load of parsnips in 2 weeks time after eating a Goodfellas pizza.

YUP! Oh I know that feeling of dread. Nothing worse than lashing a load of food you went to extraordinary bother to get into the bin after it's gone all weird and mank.

• Advertisement
Advertisement