Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Complaint about Wicklow 200

• 07-06-2015 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Can someone explain to me why it is that cyclists seem to think they've a god given right to do as they wish.

1: They've parked everywhere and anywhere today for their push bike event. I find it hard to believe it's legal to park in many of these spots and in fact to get to the locations it looks like they've driven down footpaths and, ironically cycle paths, to get there. Is that allowed?

2: At least they can say they used the cycle paths for some purpose , because I saw none of them cycle on them today. Why do we build cycle paths when so many cyclists don't bother to use them!

3: Rules of the road. There must be a cyclists version of this that I'm not familiar with. I was on the main roundabout to turn in to Charlesland. Progressing round it as I've done 1000s of times before when 2 cyclists coming down the hill from the Kilcoole roundabout proceeded straight through. There was no Marshall. I had to stop suddenly to avoid them. A third cyclist stopped,as one should when there's traffic on a roundabout and nodded at me as much to say "they were lucky".

Ok, the guys are probably shattered after 200km. The fact they're spending all of their day off cycling aimlessly in a loop probably points to a torrid home life that they'll simply do anything to avoid. I have a friend that runs marathons, after I'd met his wife I understood why!

But seriously , knackered and browbeaten at home doesn't mean you can sail straight through roundabouts. It's dangerous.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Moved to a more appropriate forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

This'll go well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭3102derek

Here we go again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

2011 wrote: »
    Moved to a more appropriate forum.

That is not what this forum is for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Have a cookie, you seem distressed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

FirstIn wrote: »
    Ok, the guys are probably shattered after 200km. The fact they're spending all of their day off cycling aimlessly in a loop probably points to a torrid home life that they'll simply do anything to avoid. I have a friend that runs marathons, after I'd met his wife I understood why!

But seriously , knackered and browbeaten at home doesn't mean you can sail straight through roundabouts. It's dangerous.

You must have a crap home life to come onto an internet forum to complain about others!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Having completed the 100km event I have to say it was brilliant :)
    Well deserved congratulations to the organizers.
    Fantastic day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Can someone explain to me why it is that cyclists seem to think they've a god given right to do as they wish.

READ THE CHARTER
    8. Negativity
    There are lots of places on the internet where you can have a rant about cyclists. This isn't one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭happyhappy

1: They've parked everywhere and anywhere today for their push bike event. I find it hard to believe it's legal to park in many of these spots and in fact to get to the locations it looks like they've driven down footpaths and, ironically cycle paths, to get there. Is that allowed?

2: At least they can say they used the cycle paths for some purpose , because I saw none of them cycle on them today. Why do we build cycle paths when so many cyclists don't bother to use them!

3: Rules of the road. There must be a cyclists version of this that I'm not familiar with. I was on the main roundabout to turn in to Charlesland. Progressing round it as I've done 1000s of times before when 2 cyclists coming down the hill from the Kilcoole roundabout proceeded straight through. There was no Marshall. I had to stop suddenly to avoid them. A third cyclist stopped,as one should when there's traffic on a roundabout and nodded at me as much to say "they were lucky".

You expect 3000 cyclists to use the cycle path in charlesland??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

This would be better off in After Hours. Its the 'go to' place to rant and mouth off . I would say though that tge AH inhabitants won't be gentle with you so think carefully before posting there. You're more likely have the p*ss ripped out of your posting habits than get a sympathetic ear.

And can I just say that the Wicklow has been going years. Its massively popular and perhaps for 1 day a year it does bring a huge amount of people to the town. Many will be staying at localhotels and B&Bs and buying food and drink in pubs / shops and places to eat.

Its 1 day year. Sad to think that you can't live and let live just a wee bit. And just as an aside resorting to petty insults totally weakens your point..

lets hope your boat dorsn't sink...

check

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Move me back to the Greystones Charlesland forum please.

maybe a good idea. Im sure there's a 'oh no not another cafe' thread to look at....

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭happyhappy

As if that makes it all ok.

By the way I parked legally on the street and took all my litter home with.
    My wife loves me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

thread locked as its against the charter

and i'm tired after working on a 3 day stage race

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement