Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's this weed and the best way to get rid of it?

Options
  • 07-06-2015 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

It's starting to take over my lawn!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

creeping buttercup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭walus

rake and pull, rake and pull...

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

The roots on these tend to be fairly shallow. Wait for a good dose of rain, then ease them out with a small fork or trowel.

They are much easier to remove than dandelions

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Thanks. Once I've raked and pulled out as much as I can is it ok to throw down topsoil and grass seed again or am I risking just letting the buttercup come back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭walus

quarryman wrote: »
    Thanks. Once I've raked and pulled out as much as I can is it ok to throw down topsoil and grass seed again or am I risking just letting the buttercup come back?
    Wait with that until early September. Throw some Aftercut All In One lawn feed from Westland now. It will help with the buttercups.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

Spray them with a product that has 2 4 d selective weed killer in it, can be now bought in woodies.

Advertisement