Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 JC History - all levels - June 10th 2015***

Options
  • 07-06-2015 6:57pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭

For discussion of the exams AFTER they have been held.

Please indicate which level paper you are talking about.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

Picture questions were fine and I think I got them all. Same story with the document questions, I think they were also fine. Short questions were easy as always. People in history was very nice and the essays that I learned off came up and I got nearly 4 pages in total for archaeologist and Washington. Q5 was very nice and I thought that it was a lot easier than older years. Q6C was a very nice question and same with D.

Hopefully I got an A like the mocks, overall it felt like one of my best history exams ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭lundrum

I thought it went great! I was a bit thrown by social change coming up on the pictures, but I think I only lost 2 marks (I said she was the UN commissioner on children's rights instead of human rights >_<). I think I got the rest of the pictures and short answers and documents right. On the People in Histories I think maybe I lost 4 marks total, I think I did pretty well. Q 5 was amazing. I was kind of worried about it, but it ended up being relatively easy. I'd say I lost 2-4 marks there, I definitely got the De Gama question wrong (I said Diaz). Finally, Q 6 was great, and it was what I studied for the most. I'd say I lost max 6 marks out of the two, especially because I knew Home Rule Crisis and Cuban Missile Crisis really well.

In total, I'm estimating I got around 164/180 which is about 90%. That's my most pessimistic estimate. Way better than the mocks. Couldn't be happier, to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ylroy

HL- Short questions were tougher than last papers, the predictions that I have seen in here were really accurate and it helped me a lot. The people in history was fantastic and the source question was as I have predicted. I completely forgot to study the early Irish times and our class wasn't able to finish the war so I only had two lines for the Korean war. I'd be absolutely delighted if I get a B.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 greenwhale

Higher - went better than expected. I though that documents and short questions were fine. Didn't know what Mary Robinson's job after president was, but other than that pictures were good too. The account on Q5 was hard enough, but 4 & 6 were great! Hoping for an A.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Kbvdpo

Higher... I'm awful at history & had an awful teacher bt I put a lot of study into it the past few weeks & thankfully the topics I mainly concentrated on came up! Delighted with everything but I may have lost a bit of marks in q6 as I was unsure! I'd be over the moon if I got a good report, a B hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

greenwhale wrote:
    Higher - went better than expected. I though that documents and short questions were fine. Didn't know what Mary Robinson's job after president was, but other than that pictures were good too. The account on Q5 was hard enough, but 4 & 6 were great! Hoping for an A.

She became the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights right after she left presidency in 1997.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Mldj

Hopefully I got an A Or a B. I did Archaeologist, plantations, effects on natives, social change and international relations. I think everything went well, except the planter essay and the Indian nationalism essay.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Higher level. Everything was going well until Q6 where sadly pretty much nothing I studied came up. For Q4 I did an archaeologist and Maximillien Robespierre and for Q5 I did the results on the New World. Documents, pictures and short questions were easy as were the sources. Might scrape a B.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 56 ✭✭AvrilDoyle2000

Agreed the shorts, documents, people in history ( i did renaissance writer and revolutionary leader), q 5 were fine but question 6 was a big let down. Social change was fine but sadly q6 A was very disappointing so had to do politic question and barely remembered anything to score high.

Advertisement