Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Teaching

Options
  • 07-06-2015 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Just wondering what college courses (undergrad/postgrad) I should consider doing in order to become a business and accounting teacher?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You do one of the accepted Business degrees first and then you try get a place on a post graduate edication course. There are only a few places kept for Business degrees as there are way too many of them already in the system. The job situation is really bad. Try have a second subject that is useful, perhaps Maths, Irish or English. This may entail doing a second degree.

Please be fully aware of the job situation before you commit to teaching. If you can manage being part-time and/or subbing for years on low wages, by all means go for teaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭AnnaTorvFan

^^ Thank you, Spurious.

Would any one know what I'd have to look into if I wanted to teach abroad (America, England, Australia etc)?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

AFAIK it would be the same route, followed by getting your qualifications recognised. I don't know what the UK situation is, I know many primary teachers train over there to teach there. They must have the same setup for second level. I know in the UK they have single subject teachers, whereas here, that would be unusual at second level.

Advertisement