Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efiber seems to epoopoo

Options
  • 07-06-2015 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

[rant]

I've been on efiber a few months now.

On the phone when ordering I was told I could get up to 100mb but probably would see average 60mb, to which I said would be great.

So I was getting about 60/70 megs roughly...........while the connection was there, it spends most of the time I'm trying to use it, in offline mode "No DSL connection"

I've called support a few times, they agreed there was a fault present, so they had a.... well I couldn't call him an engineer because he hadn't a clue what he was at, how and ever, the "engineer" said there was nothing wrong, so I told him well its like this, "the internet vanishes and the page that the router displays when there's no connection, keeps getting displayed "No DSL connection"  , so then magically he found a fault and he said the router needs to be moved to a different jack in the house, so I ran with that, until I went online after work and low and behold after ten minutes, "No DSL connection" re-appears.

This goes on for another week and I call support, now the line can only sustain 50meg and the router is faulty I'm told, ok grand, stick it on the 50 meg profile ill be happy with that, and send me the router, happy days...

For the next month, "No DSL connection" keeps appearing at random and I keep an eye out for this mysterious router that never appears so I decide to call up again when I get the time at work to do so.

Now I'm told the line is only capable of 40 meg, this fella is sure he can fix this issue I'm having right here and now, he also says he can see no order for a new modem so he will have one sent out, although he's pretty sure the line will be grand when set on 40 meg profile.

I asked this last fella on the phone would he take charge of my issue and see to it until the problem is fixed, he said he cant, that he is going on holidays, he will make a note of it but may not get back to me. 

So here I am writing this post now on the following Sunday, because every ten minutes almost religiously the connection drops out. I cant use it, the only useful thing ill get done online today with it is write this post, which is probably a waste of time and of course I'll have to copy the post content of the post before I hit submit it because more than likely when I press that button, there will be no interwebs....

If somebody from eircom doesn't get this sorted out this week, I'll be cancelling this so called contract and I'll expect at least a 50% refund as I only have internet half the time.

Before this I was with net1, which I was happy with, there were issues with it before, but at least when you called those guys, they pulled the finger out and fixed the issue. I'll be happy to back to their 5mb up & down solid & stable connection for €10 less per month

If I behaved like this at work, I would have no job, when a customer comes in to me and explains he is having a problem with a machine, I figure out whats wrong and I fix it, and if I don't know whats wrong, I get help and its fixed before it goes back to the customer, I don't just have a look at it, shrug my shoulders, tighten a bolt and tell him yep its ready, take it away.

[/rant]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Spiritine wrote: »
    [rant]

I've been on efiber a few months now.

On the phone when ordering I was told I could get up to 100mb but probably would see average 60mb, to which I said would be great.

So I was getting about 60/70 megs roughly...........while the connection was there, it spends most of the time I'm trying to use it, in offline mode "No DSL connection"

I've called support a few times, they agreed there was a fault present, so they had a.... well I couldn't call him an engineer because he hadn't a clue what he was at, how and ever, the "engineer" said there was nothing wrong, so I told him well its like this, "the internet vanishes and the page that the router displays when there's no connection, keeps getting displayed "No DSL connection"  , so then magically he found a fault and he said the router needs to be moved to a different jack in the house, so I ran with that, until I went online after work and low and behold after ten minutes, "No DSL connection" re-appears.

This goes on for another week and I call support, now the line can only sustain 50meg and the router is faulty I'm told, ok grand, stick it on the 50 meg profile ill be happy with that, and send me the router, happy days...

For the next month, "No DSL connection" keeps appearing at random and I keep an eye out for this mysterious router that never appears so I decide to call up again when I get the time at work to do so.

Now I'm told the line is only capable of 40 meg, this fella is sure he can fix this issue I'm having right here and now, he also says he can see no order for a new modem so he will have one sent out, although he's pretty sure the line will be grand when set on 40 meg profile.

I asked this last fella on the phone would he take charge of my issue and see to it until the problem is fixed, he said he cant, that he is going on holidays, he will make a note of it but may not get back to me. 

So here I am writing this post now on the following Sunday, because every ten minutes almost religiously the connection drops out. I cant use it, the only useful thing ill get done online today with it is write this post, which is probably a waste of time and of course I'll have to copy the post content of the post before I hit submit it because more than likely when I press that button, there will be no interwebs....

If somebody from eircom doesn't get this sorted out this week, I'll be cancelling this so called contract and I'll expect at least a 50% refund as I only have internet half the time.

Before this I was with net1, which I was happy with, there were issues with it before, but at least when you called those guys, they pulled the finger out and fixed the issue. I'll be happy to back to their 5mb up & down solid & stable connection for €10 less per month

If I behaved like this at work, I would have no job, when a customer comes in to me and explains he is having a problem with a machine, I figure out whats wrong and I fix it, and if I don't know whats wrong, I get help and its fixed before it goes back to the customer, I don't just have a look at it, shrug my shoulders, tighten a bolt and tell him yep its ready, take it away.

[/rant]

Hi Spiritine

I'm genuinely sorry to hear of these issues - and apologies for difficulties you have experienced in trying to have the broadband restored to normal. Please PM me your eircom account number & investigate this for you further.

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Spiritine

Hi Alan, PM sent.

Got a call from someone with eircom today asking about the issue. I explained what was happening, I wasn't home myself but he came to the house, did a speed test which was approx 24 meg and he told the person that was here that it was ok, and he didn't know why we would have any problems, I've not heard back from him, don't know if anything was done.

New F2000 router landed so I've just plugged that in and will see what happens.

Lo and behold, been online for a couple hours and just as I'm checking this topic, my new F2000 modem suggests the obvious!, check screenshot.... Had to wait a few minutes to get back on

351581.jpg

Hi Spiritine

I'm sorry to hear another disconnection occurred. The tests I have conducted on your line show nothing which I can contribute to the disconnections you're experiencing. I do understand that this is a serious inconvenience for you and sincereally apologise for this, the best advice I can offer you is to contact our technical support team as they will be able to investigate further. You can reach technical support via webchat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow or on 1890260260.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Alan, I came to the forum here because I was getting nowhere with technical support on that number...... Which I pointed out in my original post...... This isn't fixing the issue. This is a joke.

Call support ....... Cant fix issue

Call support ...... Cant fix issue

Post on boards ....... Please Call support 

Call support ....... Cant fix issue

Ask for money back ...... Cant fix issue

WTF eircom

Hi Alan, I got a text on both Wednesday and Thursday morning saying that my issue had been fixed. And it hasn't. I got home tonight at half ten, turned on the pc and bang, no connection, rebooting the router fixed it. 

Calling up tech support on the number you provided isn't working, they aren't doing anything only sending somebody out who doesn't want to know about it. As I said before if I behaved like this at work I wouldn't have a job, why cant someone tell the engineer that's calling out to look at it that basically, there is a problem, fix it, don't come back saying there's nothing wrong when there clearly is. 

If you guys can't sort this out I need a refund and also for you guys to cancel this contract, because the service being provided is no good to me, I don't need 5000000 megs speed, I need a connection that's online not offline, I haven't played an online game since I got efiber for the simple reason, I can't.

Regards

351581.jpg

I am genuinely sorry to hear this Spiritine

I have sent a report of your experience to our technical support team and as soon as I have further information I will be back in touch with you right away.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

I'm on ngb and its the same issue every ten mins seems to disconnect not too worried as I'm switching to Vodafone 2 years of being ripped off by eircom for a half service Ive had enough of.
    If they can say speeds up to 24mb then why cant I pay prices up to 24mb!!!

...__... wrote: »
    I'm on ngb and its the same issue every ten mins seems to disconnect not too worried as I'm switching to Vodafone 2 years of being ripped off by eircom for a half service Ive had enough of.
    If they can say speeds up to 24mb then why cant I pay prices up to 24mb!!!
    Hi ...__...

I'm sorry to hear of the technical issues you are experiencing, please feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I'll look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Lo and behold, been online for a couple hours and just as I'm checking this topic, my new F2000 modem suggests the obvious!, check screenshot.... Had to wait a few minutes to get back on

351581.jpg
    A familiar screen... You're right, I do want to connect to the internet!

Was waiting on a technician to come out yesterday but got a text saying the issue was resolved; holding my breath to see if the connection goes again. In fairness to Al he's brilliant where he can help, but my understanding is that this is more of an eircom wholesale issue and the reps here are eircom 'commercial' for lack of a better term.

TheChizler wrote: »

351581.jpg

Was waiting on a technician to come out yesterday but got a text saying the issue was resolved; holding my breath to see if the connection goes again. In fairness to Al he's brilliant where he can help, but my understanding is that this is more of an eircom wholesale issue and the reps here are eircom 'commercial' for lack of a better term.
    Sorry to hear this TheChizler

If this continues to happen please let me know,

Al

Well it looks like somebody knows what they are doing (fingers crossed),  a lad was sent out yesterday, he called me yesterday and he came and checked out the line, he came back after a couple of hours and told my sister that he found some corroded cable out at the cabinet I think, and that he replaced a load of it. None of us have seen a disconnection since, hopefully he has it sorted, the lads who called out before him should be handed the P45.

I will update in a week if the issue is gone.

Alan maybe you could get me back on the 100 meg profile which I was on when I signed up? but leave it as is for now till we see is the issue cured, I'll update next week. 

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

351581.jpg

Al
    Thanks Al, haven't noticed anything since!

351581.jpg

Al
    Thanks Al, haven't noticed anything since!
    Cheers TheChizler

Fingers crossed it keeps up

Al

Well it looks like somebody knows what they are doing (fingers crossed),  a lad was sent out yesterday, he called me yesterday and he came and checked out the line, he came back after a couple of hours and told my sister that he found some corroded cable out at the cabinet I think, and that he replaced a load of it. None of us have seen a disconnection since, hopefully he has it sorted, the lads who called out before him should be handed the P45.

I will update in a week if the issue is gone.

Alan maybe you could get me back on the 100 meg profile which I was on when I signed up? but leave it as is for now till we see is the issue cured, I'll update next week. 

Thanks
    Thanks for updating the thread Spiritine

I did indeed send a quite detailed report to managers in technical support.

Keep me posted please 

Al

I'm afraid to jinx it lol but it seems the issue has been resolved, thanks very much Alan and also to who ever that last guy was who came to look at it, clearly he knows what hes at.

I hardly been online myself all week but there's no problems when I've been on and everybody else says its working good.

Alan would you be able to get me back on the 100 meg profile, would be great because it would save me calling up.

Also, ping is bananas low now I noticed
    4464568913.png

Thank you

I'm afraid to jinx it lol but it seems the issue has been resolved, thanks very much Alan and also to who ever that last guy was who came to look at it, clearly he knows what hes at.

I hardly been online myself all week but there's no problems when I've been on and everybody else says its working good.

Alan would you be able to get me back on the 100 meg profile, would be great because it would save me calling up.

Also, ping is bananas low now I noticed
    4464568913.png

Thank you
    I'm more than happy to help Spiritine

I've just sent off a request to technical support to increase your speeds and I'll get back to you as soon as I have an update.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Spiritine

Technical support have confirmed that your speeds should be considerably faster now. The speed has been increased to up to 90Mb.

Cheers
    Al

Oh baby

:cool:

4468822929.png

Thanks for getting the issue resolved Alan.

Oh baby

:cool:

4468822929.png

Thanks for getting the issue resolved Alan.
    That's great to see :)

Thanks for updating the thread!

Al

Advertisement