Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iCloud Vs OneDrive

• 07-06-2015 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

I bought a Surface 2 RT six a few months ago and it came with a years free subscription to OneDrive storage allowing 250Gb storage.

I also have an iPhone which I pay a small subscription charge to apple on every month for cloud storage...

It`s only recently that I have started properly using the OneDrive storage and have began using it with both my iPhone and Laptop.

From what I can see, everything from my two devices is successfully stored on my OneDrive cloud account and have been thinking lately that my iCloud storage is a pretty redundant option to continue on paying for...

I have been thinking about cancelling it but before I do wanted to find out if there is anything on the iPhone that potentially isin`t being backed up onto my OneDrive that i may be missing??

As far as i can see, all my photos and videos are being backed up to OneDrive successfully... Need I worry about more? Contacts? Anything else?

From what I see... the small amount of cloud storage apple provide for free is storing my important stuff like contact anyway... and if my photos and videos are going to OneDrive... That should cover it right?

Anything I am missing?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Backups and app data can also take up a lot of space on iCloud. Backups include photos/videos in the camera roll and any app related data and can get rather large.

Everyone’s usage is different. Go into manage storage in iCloud settings and see how much space you are currently using and what the breakdown is.

Advertisement