Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB Personal loan

Options
  • 07-06-2015 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,
    I am a customer of theirs and want to apply for €1500. I filled out the online application and one of their sales reps called me but all she did was go through my account. She queried a couple of transactions, I explained them and then she said I could either make my application with an adviser over the phone and drop in ID etc to the nearest branch or she could book an appointment in the branch which I opted for as I would end up having to bring documents there anyway. There was no mention of this AIP that they have all over their website.She said the appointment would take an hour but the phone application takes 10 minutes? Anybody know why this would be? Also what sort of questions etc they will be asking for the hour??
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Most likely a over-estimate, in case of there not being a staff member immediately available to deal with you, sickness etc. The questions wouldn't really be all the different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Most likely a over-estimate, in case of there not being a staff member immediately available to deal with you, sickness etc

I'd agree with this; they prob just book all lending apps for an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

Be advised that if you don't have at least 1200 euro in your bank account after all monthly transactions are gone plus the monthly repayment for your loan they will not even process a credit check,that's what happened to me

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TorresDaLegend

I would have thought she would do the AIP over the phone but maybe it's all clear if you've been instructed to attend the branch.
    Take your monthly net income minus any fixed loan repayments/savings/mortgage/rent & if you have an overdraft/visa take 2.5% of limit off also. Now take the proposed loan repayment off aswell & if left with €1200+ NDI it would be worthwhile attending. That is all they will do in an AIP. Banks lend by your repayment capability these days. PTSB are generally excellent for giving you a quick answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

It took them over a week to refuse me for an overdraft; I have no mortgage, no loans, credit card paid in full each month, no dependents etc. When I initially joined them two years ago they gave me an overdraft but I refused it as at the time I didn't think it was necessary and it cost €25 per year, my circumstances haven't changed. I don't really need it so don't really care but just thought the sudden turn around was bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TorresDaLegend

Galadriel wrote: »
    It took them over a week to refuse me for an overdraft; I have no mortgage, no loans, credit card paid in full each month, no dependents etc. When I initially joined them two years ago they gave me an overdraft but I refused it as at the time I didn't think it was necessary and it cost €25 per year, my circumstances haven't changed. I don't really need it so don't really care but just thought the sudden turn around was bizarre.

Did they actually do a credit analysis for you when opening account or just ask if you'd like one?
    Poor account conduct like 3+ returned unpaid DDs in last 6 months, constant referral fees, or large transactions through bookies etc might make them avoid you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Did they actually do a credit analysis for you when opening account or just ask if you'd like one?
    Poor account conduct like 3+ returned unpaid DDs in last 6 months, constant referral fees, or large transactions through bookies etc might make them avoid you.

Yes, I was approved for one when I opened my account, they failed to tell me there was an annual fee for €25, when I discovered the money gone from my account I called them and said I didn't need the overdraft.

No poor account conduct...ever, no failed loan payments etc, don't gamble. I earn decent enough money, they said as I had no major savings I couldn't have it.

Advertisement