Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Dog!

• 07-06-2015 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

I am very happy today as I realized my puppy is turning into a good dog!

She was always a good puppy but a handful and needed a lot of training as a pup! She is not 1 and a half and definitely calming down. She never begs at the dinner table but we always put food away as she has the run of the house.

After lunch today I had left chicken on the table and forgot to put it away. I was sitting in the living room and puppy was barking at me to come to the kitchen but I was tired! Anyway half and hour later I decided to see what she was up to and she was waiting for some chicken. My Mams 10 year old would have it gone from your mouth! I was very proud and its lovely to see her growing up!

IMG_3677.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Thats very good of her. Did she get a snack for being so good she deserved one. I have a dog too and she is great the best dog anyone could ask for. Sometimes do foe some reason don,t ask me why she craps in herself and then expects me to clean her. I did once but I am not going to all all. Think I might have to get some baby wipes or sometime like that might get it of her hair without having ti fully wash her. Otherwise she is a really good dog.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

She got the chicken ... still had to give me the paw though!!!

The only thing she wont get is to go off lead outside the garden! Her prey drive is too high and although she will come 9 times out of 10 if a mouse or bird distracts her in the garden she will not come back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Awe very good. Thats very good of her.

I would not let my dog of the lead outside of the garden either too risky. She is a small dog and it would be too easy for her to get hit by someone in a car that might not have seen her also she will come back most times but sometimes she does not. She does not mind walking with the lead and harness on do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Hooked

Couple of huskies in this house too. I was cooking dinner earlier and had the chicken drummers out on the window sill defrosting the dogs dinner.

The 'boys' were on the deck and I simply told them both 'NO' just the once. Had been upstairs twice and had a lie down watching the hurling.

Went out to get the lads in.., chicken still there!!! I fecking love those 2. Still wouldn't let either of them off lead. Huskies will be huskies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

She's beautiful, OP :)

• Advertisement

Hooked wrote: »
    Couple of huskies in this house too. I was cooking dinner earlier and had the chicken drummers out on the window sill defrosting the dogs dinner.

The 'boys' were on the deck and I simply told them both 'NO' just the once. Had been upstairs twice and had a lie down watching the hurling.

Went out to get the lads in.., chicken still there!!! I fecking love those 2. Still wouldn't let either of them off lead. Huskies will be huskies!

I am glad to hear you say you don't let them off lead. I get pressure of family and friends to trust her and let her off but its not going to happen. I explain that its because of the breed and that Huskys cant be trusted and have been told that I just need to train her and give her some freedom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Ah yeah, the old 'you're just too lazy to train them properly' argument lol I get it all the time.

muddypaws wrote: »
    Ah yeah, the old 'you're just too lazy to train them properly' argument lol I get it all the time.

This is my first Husky so I have done a lot of research!!!

AryaStark wrote: »
    This is my first Husky so I have done a lot of research!!!

Thats great to read. Unfortunately a lot of people don't, they get taken in by the cute fluffy puppy and thats as far as they see.

It is unfortunate that they are hard wired the way they are, I have a fully enclosed field for mine, and I absolutely love seeing them running free in there.

Back to your original point, some of mine would leave the chicken, others would take it, probably on the assumption that there's so many of them, I'd never know who did it :p Mine have an obsession with kitchen hardware, all of my carving knives have chewed handles, I honestly don't know how none of them have cut their mouths or tongues badly. And wooden spoons don't last long here. Its my fault, I should know by now that I have to put everything I use for cooking straight in the dishwasher, before I eat. :rolleyes:

I have 'problems' with my girl but they are all my fault!!! Some things that she does are so funny and once she makes me laugh then she has won! She will take my socks off if she catches me without shoes and she is so fast that she gets it off every time! She was doing it when she was little and I used to give her my foot under the desk to play with while I worked! Now she sees it as her duty and nobody in the house is safe ... if you take of your shoes she will take of your socks! Its either wear shoes or go barefoot!

• Advertisement

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Thats a brilliant skill for her to have though. I don't know what career you have, but sounds as though you would make a good dog trainer, maybe assistance dogs? A lot of people would love a dog that helps to take their socks, trousers etc off.

muddypaws wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Thats a brilliant skill for her to have though. I don't know what career you have, but sounds as though you would make a good dog trainer, maybe assistance dogs? A lot of people would love a dog that helps to take their socks, trousers etc off.

I never thought of that!!! It is a great skill!!! I am a software developer so spend a lot of time sitting at the desk with her as a foot rest! She is so gentle too!
    I am caring for my mam who has a bad back and Nymeria has never had to be told not to jump on her with the rest of us she can be so hyper and jump all over when we get home but with my Mam she jumps all around her and then crawls around her on her belly!!! My Mam had spinal fusion surgery two weeks ago any Nymeria can be trusted to lie on the bed beside her because she is so gentle. The two other dogs in the house have to be kept away because no amount of trying to train them will make them not jump up when excited or bump into her. I think it is amazing that she can sence that my mam is in pain and go easy with her ...she still gets her socks usually but has not tried once since the surgery. We say that when Nymeria takes my Mams socks off we will know she is better!!!

Advertisement