Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday when 30weeks pregnant

Options
  • 07-06-2015 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi all

I'm currently 18 weeks pregnant with our first baby and all is thankfully going well!
    Myself and my husband are looking into a final holiday as a couple in August (baby is due in November)
    I've looked into the flights and most of the major airlines-Ryanair, Aer Lingus, BA etc will allow me to travel up to 34 or 36 weeks (depending on the airline)

We'd be looking into a holiday when I'm around 30 weeks and I'm just looking for ideas from people who might have done the same or are looking into it. We'd be happy to consider anywhere really and wouldn't mind treating ourselves a bit given that it's our last trip just the two of us

Our only major condition is the place has to have good maternity services in case I needed them or (hopefully not!) Junior decides to come early so that rules out places that are a bit remote like Greek Islands etc-ideally we'd have to be within a reasonable travel distance of a big hospital

All suggestions would be really appreciated!

Thanks

CF

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Anywhere in Europe really so you are covered by your E111 insurance and it's not too far. Being pregnant shouldn't make a huge difference as long as you are in good health, just check out names of maternity hospitals before you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

When I was pregnant last year I went on lots of little holidays up until I was 30/31 weeks pregnant and I loved them all.
    The last place I went to was Stockholm when I was 30 weeks. Given that it was a country with superb medical services my doctor was fine with it.
    I did find that , especially as the pregnancy went on, that I was up for a little less on each holiday. By the time Stockholm came I needed to make sure I could fit in a big afternoon nap each day.
    Enjoy your trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Only thing I would tell you to keep in mind is a lot of travel insurance companies only cover you up until 28 weeks for pregnancy related issues

• Registered Users Posts: 44 RiceCrispy

Also consider flight duration, I'm 31 weeks now and would not like to be stuck in a plane seat for a very long time- oh and bear in mind the walking,went to Spain three weeks ago the walk to and from Ryanair departure gate in the airport was even hard

Advertisement