Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find Masters in software development\mobile app dev

• 07-06-2015 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

hi I am currently looking into a masters in software development, ideally mobile app development. I live in galway and need the masters to be 100% online as i have a full time software dev job and a family.
    I can only seem to find 1 course that is 100% online and that is in NUIG. it does not cover any mobile development which i am a small bit disappointed about. However I cant seem to find any other Masters qualifications in this area that are provided via distance learning. If anyone can let me know of an alternative course or a website where i can find one that would be fantastic.
    thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭Goat Paddock

purerandom wrote: »
    hi I am currently looking into a masters in software development, ideally mobile app development. I live in galway and need the masters to be 100% online as i have a full time software dev job and a family.
    I can only seem to find 1 course that is 100% online and that is in NUIG. it does not cover any mobile development which i am a small bit disappointed about. However I cant seem to find any other Masters qualifications in this area that are provided via distance learning. If anyone can let me know of an alternative course or a website where i can find one that would be fantastic.
    thanks.

Assume you are also looking at UK universities too? What is your Undergrad?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭purerandom

hi i have a degree in software development. i had a look at one or 2 glasgow\london but could not find a good website that listed 100% online masters degree's in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

thanks.

Doesn't seem to get into the Mobile App side of things...but this is online and covers software engineering and database technologies... http://www.nuigalway.ie/courses/adult-and-continuing-education-courses/software-engineering-and-database-technologies.htm#d.en.7102

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭purerandom

thx boobar, that course appears to be the only runner. It covers alot of what i am interested in so i reckon i will be going with that one. I just wanted to make sure i had not missed out on any others hence the boards post, thanks for your response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

… i have a full time software dev job...
    i have a degree in software development.
    If you have a degree in software development and are in full-time employment as a software developer, then do you really need a Masters in software development? On the face of it, it doesn’t seem like a wise investment of time and money to me?

• Advertisement
Advertisement