Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHV in next few months

• 07-06-2015 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭

Just have a few questions in regard to a working holiday visa, some simple questions but just want to have the right info...

So currently going through the visa process, don't intend to leave till at least August. would it be safe to assume that having the date of entry means the 12 months of entry won't begin til then?

Id really prob be looking at agricultural work, as im from a farming background, and i doubt id get much from some professional accountancy exams done in ireland to get any sort of position in Australia. where is the best area for agriculture in Australia? any tips on where to find them? and also would this go towards my 3 months required by a WHV? And is accountancy a tough area in Australia to enter?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Yes to date of entry query.

Depends what you mean by agriculture? Dairy, tillage, beef? Different areas = different focuses.

Counting towards 2WHV depends on the area you go and what exactly you do but by and large agriculture type work in regional postcodes counts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭jus_tin4

I have experience in both dairy and beef so thats the area of my experience, but i would have no problem working in any of those areas. where would the dairy/ beef areas be? could i secure work before i get over, or would i just have to wait till I'm there?

would there be an entry accounting over there or is that just unrealistic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,506 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Batgurl wrote: »
    Yes to date of entry query.
    You have 12 months to enter from the date your visa is approved. I wasn't aware that knowing your entry date affects when the 12 months begin.

i sorta assumed that would be the case, otherwise the 12 months could just begin when the visa was granted but just wanted to check to be sure!

Mellor wrote: »
    You have 12 months to enter from the date your visa is approved. I wasn't aware that knowing your entry date affects when the 12 months begin.

Huh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,506 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

jus_tin4 wrote: »
    i sorta assumed that would be the case, otherwise the 12 months could just begin when the visa was granted but just wanted to check to be sure!
    From visa grant you have 12 months to enter. And once you enter, it's valid for 12 months.
    Batgurl wrote: »
    Huh?
    I think you may have misread the OP's question.
    He was asking if his "12 months to enter" starts from his planned entry date.
    would it be safe to assume that having the date of entry means the 12 months of entry won't begin til then?

Mellor wrote: »
    I think you may have misread the OP's question.

Just to clear this up a bit! i was asked for a date on the visa application

what I'm wondering is that date that you have 12 months to enter, or is it when the visa is granted to you via email?

Just to clear this up a bit! i was asked for a date on the visa application

what I'm wondering is that date that you have 12 months to enter, or is it when the visa is granted to you via email?

Oh right-Mellor is correct then. 12 months from date your application is approved not 12 months from date you said you'd enter.

Then once you enter your visa is valid for 12 months.

Thanks for clearing that up! and then what or where would look up for picking a location to go to first? just look up job sites for the positions i might be interested in and go from there or is there a better way of choosing your location?

Advertisement