Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loud Doorbell

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭solargain

The first one is louder the dome type one

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cobham

My mother has some hearing loss that affects her hearing her doorbell that seems very loud to me. I have put extra door bell on that gave choice of maybe 30 different ring tones and with a cordless/battery operation, the ringer is located in her sitting room. I bought in Aldi for about 8 euro when on offer.

Our own doorbell failed recently and I got a cordless one with two ringers but am disappointed in its one single chime. It cost c 30 euro and was from Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Try NCBI. They have doorbells for the deaf and hard of hearing. Some have a flashing light incorporated which is very effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

As dB is measured in logarithmic units, then it is correct to say that a jump from 80dB to 90dB is a big increase, correct?

The reviews for the brass dome are not great. Would that be due to the installers tigthening the screw on the face too tight or is it just the chime itself?

I'm wondering if a better solution would be to take a spur off the existing unit and put an additional chime in the main TV room. I assume that this would have to be installed in parallel rather than in series with the current chime unit.

Thanks.

I know a man powered a relay coil off the door bell switch which triggered a jigsaw that was the bell hammer of a mini bell tower job. Wasn't building regs. mind but he is a sparks so extra marks. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Is it okay to run two chimes (in parallel) of a single transformer or do I need a separate transformer for each chime?

Advertisement