Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micro African violet

Options
  • 07-06-2015 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭

Where would I get micro African violets, preferably in white, though violet-coloured would do as a second choice? (The micro plants grow no bigger than 3" across.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Where would I get micro African violets, preferably in white, though violet-coloured would do as a second choice? (The micro plants grow no bigger than 3" across.)

Most garden centres can get them but choose not to as they are not great sellers. They could be ordered but you might need to take a full tray of maybe 12 pots?

Are you near any good garden centres?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

lk67 wrote: »
    Most garden centres can get them but choose not to as they are not great sellers. They could be ordered but you might need to take a full tray of maybe 12 pots?

Are you near any good garden centres?

There's a nice little one up on the way to Terenure, Oasis.

Thanks, this is good.

They come on from or via Dutch suppliers so you need a garden centre that imports direct from there ideally. I think they might be scarce at the moment but should reappear on lists again soon. They normally come in 5 or 6cm pots. Ordinary ones start in 9cm pots.

Good luck!

Thanks, lk. I had a little purple one for years; should have repotted it but it eventually died, poor baby. Have always coveted the white ones - not the "Irish" double, which is kind of eww to me, but the white single.

Thanks, lk. I had a little purple one for years; should have repotted it but it eventually died, poor baby. Have always coveted the white ones - not the "Irish" double, which is kind of eww to me, but the white single.

They can be tricky alright, that's why garden centres don't stock them much, either big or small varieties. Johnstown garden centre have one of the best ranges of houseplants in the country so they might be worth a shot if you get out and about.

• Advertisement

lk67 wrote: »
    They can be tricky alright, that's why garden centres don't stock them much, either big or small varieties. Johnstown garden centre have one of the best ranges of houseplants in the country so they might be worth a shot if you get out and about.

Actually it was a sturdy little thing; I just didn't know then that you had to repot plants every now and then.

I might give Johnstown a ring; it's a bit of a cycle from here.

Advertisement