Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses or Trains to Maynooth Uni (NUI)?

• 08-06-2015 4:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hi,

I have an interview later this week and urgently need advice on best way to get to maynooth Uni (Sth Campus)

The interview was set at short notice and the Assistant Lecturer apologised to me for the short notice which was nice, so now I just need to know how to get out to NUI.

I am in Walkinstown/Red Cow area so anywhere nearby, I don't mind getting the luas into town if that sets me up better.

I know the 66 bus was mentioned to me but not sure if it's regular and don't know if it goes very near NUI or would it be easier to get the Luas to Heuston Station and get a train?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Not Hueston station you want. If you are getting a train from the city, you can get on at Tara, Pearse, or Connolly. Walk from train station is less than 10 minute walk. Straight down a hill. Turn left. Cross one set of light and continue straight. Will bring one through one entrance. 66 Bus will leave you on the main street. Continue straight cross two sets of lights. 66 bus every 30 minutes. See Dublin Bus.ie. 67 Bus will leave you on the same hill as the train station a few 100 minutes closer to the campus. Nuim.ie will give you a map of the campus if you have not already receive one with your invitation to interview. It is normal for Maynooth to organise interviews at the last minute for mature students. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

This is the South Campus: http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/33452094

Put your exact locations and relevant dates and times into www.a-b.ie and tweak the settings. Make sure you have selected "take neighbouring stops into account for origin and destination maximum 20 min walk".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

@ Sn@kebite
    Some more info here: https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/location

Advertisement