Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summoned for child maintenance-question about paperwork

Options
  • 08-06-2015 8:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

Hey! My former spouse and I separated some time ago. She took my step daughter and son abroad with her, and I've had very little contact with them since.

I've received a court summons through the Central Authority for Maintenance Recovery. I'm happy to pay the maintenance, because it supports my son, and because it helps to strengthen my own case against my spouse, I don't have much idea as to what paperwork will be required of me to establish my finances.

What is considered sufficient? I'm self-employed, so I have had an accountant prepare my accounts going back to last year. I can add supporting bank statements, but beyond that what might be asked? Is there a standardized form?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I'm afraid that any advice given regarding paperwork for court falls under legal advice which is not allowed on Boards. You should speak to your solicitor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement