Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4S won't charge

• 08-06-2015 9:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a place in Dublin (preferably near the IFSC) that does iPhone repairs? I clicked the sticky on the top of the Forum but unfortunately I'm on a work PC and the version of IE is like version 8 or something and the page won't load. Obviously my phone is dead and can't access it on that.

My phone isn't charging, I've tried several different charging devices as well as changing plugs/sockets and all that other god stuff. Not really sure what's required; I tried cleaning the charging part of the phone of any dust but I am pretty limited to what I have here in work. It didn't work anyway.

Just need somewhere cheap and cheerful. I know there's a load of places on Talbot Street but does anyone know the better places? I'm going to have to try and get this resolved during my lunch at some point.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a place in Dublin (preferably near the IFSC) that does iPhone repairs? I clicked the sticky on the top of the Forum but unfortunately I'm on a work PC and the version of IE is like version 8 or something and the page won't load. Obviously my phone is dead and can't access it on that.

My phone isn't charging, I've tried several different charging devices as well as changing plugs/sockets and all that other god stuff. Not really sure what's required; I tried cleaning the charging part of the phone of any dust but I am pretty limited to what I have here in work. It didn't work anyway.

Just need somewhere cheap and cheerful. I know there's a load of places on Talbot Street but does anyone know the better places? I'm going to have to try and get this resolved during my lunch at some point.

Thanks

First try a hard reset. Hold the power and home button down together for about 10 seconds, if the Apple logo appears you're sorted. If not the iPhone battery is very simple to replace yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Thanks for that. When I did that the charging icon appeared. It was essentially an empty battery icon and then the charger underneath it. Would a battery be easy to pick up in a phone repair store? (forgive the ignorance)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,708 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Thanks for that. When I did that the charging icon appeared. It was essentially an empty battery icon and then the charger underneath it. Would a battery be easy to pick up in a phone repair store? (forgive the ignorance)

Have you tried charging again since the attempted hard reset?

I have yeah, it's still not working.

Was the actual charging kit at the back. Fixed now. Went to a place on Talbot Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6 baldrick89

Hi All,

Thanks

Oh boy this could be a number of issues. I would have to start this with some questions.

When you plug it in does it show the battery charging or blinking?

Must you leave it plugged in for it to function?

Based off the comments above, I would say it is one of 2 thing.

-You need a new battery which is not uncommon for iPhone 5 and below.

-You have a little bit of water damage on the logic board.

-I would normally say charger port to, but you said it was recognizing the charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭MileyReilly

Read it

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭MileyReilly

Read it

Advertisement