Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping fragile items

Options
  • 08-06-2015 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Good morning!

Will need to ship a good amount of stuff to Italy, including a desktop and a TV, which are items most companies stay far away from, due to them being fragile and expensive.

Do you guys happen to know any company that has some kind of delivery for such items?

I contacted several (ecoparcel, GLS...) and they all said no.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

We use TNT with work and ship stuff like this no TV's but panels. Could give them a rind.. There is another gang who started doing it also I will check tomorrow for you to get their name

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭InsaneChef

Milly33 wrote: »
    We use TNT with work and ship stuff like this no TV's but panels. Could give them a rind.. There is another gang who started doing it also I will check tomorrow for you to get their name

Very much appreciate it. Rang UPS this morning, they quoted me 200€ to ship one PC. Ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hey sorry insane chef going mad I deleted the email in work. So sorry, and sorry to the chap who sent it to me I was honestly keeping it in hopes we would use them..was swamped in work so I might have missed it ill try again tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

InsaneChef wrote: »
    Very much appreciate it. Rang UPS this morning, they quoted me 200€ to ship one PC. Ridiculous

UPS are an express courier - It like going to a michelin star restaurant for a coffe and buscuit.

If its substantial number of items, it may be best to put on a pallet and ship the entire pallet.

For Italy, expect €150-€200 for a pallet.

try www.TPN.ie for local companies that can do the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭InsaneChef

delahuntv wrote: »
    UPS are an express courier - It like going to a michelin star restaurant for a coffe and buscuit.

If its substantial number of items, it may be best to put on a pallet and ship the entire pallet.

For Italy, expect €150-€200 for a pallet.

try www.TPN.ie for local companies that can do the service.

Not really a pallet, but just a desktop PC. Nothing else

• Advertisement
Advertisement