Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for bodybuilding coach / nutritional coach /personal trainer

• 08-06-2015 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi
    I have been training for years between regular gym sessions of light weights and high reps . Dabble in marathon running and have recently joined cross fit .

I am looking to slim down and get the physique I feel I should have for the amount of training I do .

My diet is a disaster and go from clean to crazy bingeing frequently .

I joined cross fit in January and there was a change initially in my weight and size but now I'm lifting heavier , I am massing out as opposed to leaning out and yes my diet is half the problem here . I really don't want to get into the conversation that I posdibly can't bulk up as I am a female - I do and I've done so in the past and spent months cardio to get back .

I weigh anywhere from 58kg -60kg cardio light weights .62-65kg when I do weights and my clothes do not fit . I am currently this weight now . I am 5ft 6.
    I'm now trying to cardio it out just to keep my physique smaller /leaner looking but this adds up to lots of run and crossfit sessions . My goal is about 54kg and lean .

I am looking for a trainer , badly .
    I live in Cavan and willing to travel etc .

I'm just getting really fed up and don't know what direction to turn to next .

I need help 🙉 please .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Bruno14 wrote: »
    Hi
    I am looking to slim down and get the physique I feel I should have for the amount of training I do .
    No amount of training should have a certain physique. Plenty of athletes are training 15-20 hours a week, yet there aren't incredibly lean. It isn't one of their goals, so their diet doesn't cater for it.
    My diet is a disaster and go from clean to crazy bingeing frequently .
    This is entirely the issue. Not "half the problem" as you suggested. If you are training as you describe, then your weight issues are 100% down to diet.
    I joined cross fit in January and there was a change initially in my weight and size but now I'm lifting heavier , I am massing out as opposed to leaning out and yes my diet is half the problem here . I really don't want to get into the conversation that I posdibly can't bulk up as I am a female - I do and I've done so in the past and spent months cardio to get back .
    Where has anyone ever said that females can't add any muscle?
    They say that they lack the ability of to build lots of muscle like a man. 2-5kg is not a lot of muscle, and completely within the possible range for a women imo.
    However, this muscle can't appear by magic, the same rules apply to women as to men. To add extra mass, you need to eat surplus calories. Again, it goes back to diet.

I weigh anywhere from 58kg -60kg cardio light weights .62-65kg when I do weights and my clothes do not fit . I am currently this weight now . I am 5ft 6.
    I'm now trying to cardio it out just to keep my physique smaller /leaner looking but this adds up to lots of run and crossfit sessions . My goal is about 54kg and lean.
    In simply terms you need to eat less energy (calories) than you burn - no matter if its weights or cardio. No matte which it is, you diet needs to be consistent. Binging frequently will get you nowhere.

If you are currently a member of a crossfit gym. You are paying a premium (compared to large commercial gyms), one of the reasons for that is the coached element, this includes nutritional advice.
    The first step imo would be to speak to your coaches.

Advertisement