Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRM

Options
  • 08-06-2015 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

Hello Boardean Consumers,

Looking for any advice on HRM and hoping someone can help steer me in the right direction.

Which brands tend to be give the most reliable readings, so far Polar and Garmin seem to be the two standing out to my but are there more reliable?

How much can the level of accuracy vary from product to product? (I know GPS tend to vary but I am wondering is there the same level of variance in HR? (and how accurately tested with regards controls set in place for testing in the first place)

All help much appreciated,

Myles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Hello Boardean Consumers,

Looking for any advice on HRM and hoping someone can help steer me in the right direction.

Which brands tend to be give the most reliable readings, so far Polar and Garmin seem to be the two standing out to my but are there more reliable?

How much can the level of accuracy vary from product to product? (I know GPS tend to vary but I am wondering is there the same level of variance in HR? (and how accurately tested with regards controls set in place for testing in the first place)

All help much appreciated,

Myles

I've had both Garmin and Polar HRM's and found both to be very accurate. I've had occasional issues with dodgy readings if the contact points aren't moist but not so that I could say that one was better than the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I've used both Polar and Garmin HR straps in the past and find the Polar ones far superior. The Garmin would work fine most of the time but every now and then there were spikes and when the weather got colder there were always issues when with the measured HR being up to 220 for a mile or two. The Polar one just works.

I used to use a Polar HR strap with a Garmin watch as described here.

These days I use a Polar HR strap with a Wahoo transmitter and a Suunto watch, which may sound complicated but work seamlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Polar do HRM, Garmin do GPS end of

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭Ceepo

ger664 wrote: »
    Polar do HRM, Garmin do GPS end of

+1 to this

Just to add that Timex is as reliable as Polar

Advertisement