Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Predator XB270HU from Amazon.de?

Options
  • 08-06-2015 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

I'm very tempted to order the Acer Predator XB270HU monitor from Amazon.de (1440p, IPS, Gsync, yummy). But lots of people are having issues with dead pixels, dirt in the panel, and light bleed. So I need to have some confidence I can return a panel that's not satisfactory. Anybody have experience doing returns with Amazon.de? It's mainly the shipping I'm worried about - I don't want to pay 50 or 100 euros of return shipping if the monitor isn't good.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Check their returns policy but normally Amazon pay for returns - dont forget you can return a product without any reason under the distance selling regulations

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Luck100 wrote: »
    I'm very tempted to order the Acer Predator XB270HU monitor from Amazon.de (1440p, IPS, Gsync, yummy). But lots of people are having issues with dead pixels, dirt in the panel, and light bleed. So I need to have some confidence I can return a panel that's not satisfactory. Anybody have experience doing returns with Amazon.de? It's mainly the shipping I'm worried about - I don't want to pay 50 or 100 euros of return shipping if the monitor isn't good.

I have 2 dead pixels on mine however they are at the far left and far right of the monitor.

It wasn't worth sending it back particularly because you only notice them on a white background and I have completely forgotten they are there.

Beware Acer have a dead pixel policy where they won't except a return unless you have 4 dead pixels or a dead pixel on the centre of the monitor.

Although Amazon returns will work around this, it's a lot to pay to ship it back. Dead pixels seem to be the norm with these monitors.

Great monitor btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Check their returns policy but normally Amazon pay for returns - dont forget you can return a product without any reason under the distance selling regulations

Thanks, I was pretty sure Amazon would pay for returns but I couldn't find it explicitly stated. I think I found it now:

In what cases the return is free?
    Your return is free in the following three cases:
    You received an incorrect, damaged or defective items.
    You have revoked the purchase of an item as part of the right of withdrawal within 14 days and the price of the returned article exceeds 40 EUR (Note: The amount of EUR 40 refers to the individual returned items and not to the total value of the return). For more information about revocation can be found in our Terms .
    Send clothing, footwear or handbags back within the 30-day return guarantee.
    If you have used for your return our pre-paid return shipping label, so this service is free of charge in the above cases.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_sib?nodeId=200387580

I have 2 dead pixels on mine however they are at the far left and far right of the monitor.

It wasn't worth sending it back particularly because you only notice them on a white background and I have completely forgotten they are there.

Beware Acer have a dead pixel policy where they won't except a return unless you have 4 dead pixels or a dead pixel on the centre of the monitor.

Although Amazon returns will work around this, it's a lot to pay to ship it back. Dead pixels seem to be the norm with these monitors.

Great monitor btw.
    Thanks for the feedback! Who did you buy from?

Thanks for the feedback! Who did you buy from?
    http://www.computeruniverse.net

It's a German company. I got it when stock was extremely rare weeks ago.

• Advertisement

http://www.computeruniverse.net

It's a German company. I got it when stock was extremely rare weeks ago.

For some reason Amazon.de won't ship that monitor to Ireland. Would you go with computer universe if you had to do it again? I think they're out of stock now too.

For some reason Amazon.de won't ship that monitor to Ireland. Would you go with computer universe if you had to do it again? I think they're out of stock now too.
    Yeah, I would. The delivery was very quick and shipping was very reasonable at €13. Good communication also. I hadn't heard of them before so I was nervous until I read reviews about the business.

Advertisement