Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH Ballyglunin

Options
  • 08-06-2015 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

last week's press announcement has promised FTTH for Ballyglunin. Does this mean all houses on the Ballyglunin exchange will get FTTH or are you referring only to the village itself? I ask because the exchange in question is not actually located in Ballyglunin but very close to Corofin village where I live. Final question,what is the timeline for delivery of this upgrade?

Thanks & regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Brimindy wrote: »
    Hi,

last week's press announcement has promised FTTH for Ballyglunin. Does this mean all houses on the Ballyglunin exchange will get FTTH or are you referring only to the village itself? I ask because the exchange in question is not actually located in Ballyglunin but very close to Corofin village where I live. Final question,what is the timeline for delivery of this upgrade?

Thanks & regards.
    Hi Brimindy

The upgrade occurs at the exchange however the max range/reach distance will not be advisable until launched - indications may suggest that the availability will be similar in reach to normal broadband (5 to 6Km) from the exchange. The best indication I can offer in relation to timeframes is as the press release advises 'within the next 5 years'.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement