Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage

Options
  • 08-06-2015 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

How long does it take to get approved for a mortgage as I and my boyfriend  have been waiting almost two weeks to hear back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi sandybird

Thanks for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie

Mortgage applications online usually take 24 hours, some complex cases may take a little longer.

We're very sorry to hear this process is taking longer than expected for both of you. If you need our help here, we would be happy to arrange a call for you regarding the application.

If you would like us to help, can you please send the below information by PM? 

Joint names on the application and a contact number. Did you apply online or via a Branch, if you applied through Branch, can you please let us know which Branch is looking after this for you? If you hold an existing account with us, could you let us know the Branch the account is held with please?

Just be mindful, for security reasons, not to include any account details in your PM.

To send us a PM, please ensure you have your signature set to display in your 'Control Panel Settings' and then click on the link in my signature to send the PM.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thanks 
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

We've been waiting three weeks on Thurs. Starting to find the process very stressful as we were told originally that we would hear a lot faster and the seller is putting us under considerable pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Abrean

I've found getting money out of BOI to be like getting blood out of a stone!  They have a great sales pitch and you're told all the things you want to hear about so and so down the road that was approved on Monday and walked out with a cheque in their hand on Friday but I've found the reality to be very different and a very frustrating and stressful experience with them constantly coming back with more queries/questions since I tried to draw down the money.  It was April when I tried to draw down first and thank god today I finally get my money but it's been a thoroughly stressful experience and I certainly won't be recommending any of my friends try BOI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Jen44 wrote: »
    We've been waiting three weeks on Thurs. Starting to find the process very stressful as we were told originally that we would hear a lot faster and the seller is putting us under considerable pressure.
    Hi Jen44, 

Thank you for you post today. 

We're extremely sorry to hear that this process has caused you concern and upset. Can we ask you to PM us with the same details on our previous reply and we will be happy to arrange a call back for you. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 
    Elaine

Abrean wrote: »
    I've found getting money out of BOI to be like getting blood out of a stone!  They have a great sales pitch and you're told all the things you want to hear about so and so down the road that was approved on Monday and walked out with a cheque in their hand on Friday but I've found the reality to be very different and a very frustrating and stressful experience with them constantly coming back with more queries/questions since I tried to draw down the money.  It was April when I tried to draw down first and thank god today I finally get my money but it's been a thoroughly stressful experience and I certainly won't be recommending any of my friends try BOI.
    Hi Abrean, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie.

We regret to hear that this process was stressful for you. If additional information is required for an application this can regrettably extend the decision time frame. 

We're glad to hear that you have now received the cheque. We appreciate all our customers feedback both positive and constructive and we will ensure that your comments are forwarded to our lending team. 

We wish you the best of luck with your new home and if we can help with anything else here, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine 

• Advertisement

Any luck on your application Sandybird? Still waiting here, four weeks on Thurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tomhain

Any luck on your application Sandybird? Still waiting here, four weeks on Thurs.
    we are waiting for AIB, 5 weeks now, we have AIB current and credit card accounts so all we gave them were our basic details, so its not just BOI. It's june, everybody start their holidays and nobody is stuck in the office until 6pm (not in public sector and banks anyway)..

We ended up getting approval from KBC their customer service was faultless especially after the down right lies we had been told by BOI in relation to timeline! We wouldn't mind how long we would have had to wait had they just been honest instead of constantly saying you will hear for sure by x day

We ended up getting approval from KBC their customer service was faultless especially after the down right lies we had been told by BOI in relation to timeline! We wouldn't mind how long we would have had to wait had they just been honest instead of constantly saying you will hear for sure by x day
    Good Morning Jen44, 

We are sorry to hear of your recent experience when applying for a Mortgage with us and we apologies for any delay with your application. We appreciate all feedback both positive and constructive and we will ensure to forward your comments to the appropriate department. 

We wish you the best of luck with your new home and we hope we can regain your confidence with us in the future. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

Well it looks like I wasn't alone. How long did it take try 6 months . All levels of incompetence . Not with my branch they were fantastic and also frustrated. What happened in the end I just stopped making contact with boi and went with AIB it was flawless . I had drawdown and moved in my house when I got a phone call to say I was approved with BOI. I actually laughed and it had a whole heap of conditions attached.

As it turns out you did me a favour as I have had 2 variable rate cuts already with AIB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

alibab wrote: »
    Well it looks like I wasn't alone.  How long did it take try 6 months . All levels of incompetence . Not with my branch they were fantastic and also frustrated.  What happened in the end I just stopped making contact with boi and went with AIB it was flawless . I had drawdown and moved in my house when I got a phone call to say I was approved with BOI.  I actually laughed and it had a whole heap of conditions attached.  

As it turns out you did me a favour as I have had 2 variable rate cuts already with AIB
    Hi,

Thanks for your post.

We are sorry to hear of your difficulty when applying for a mortgage with us.

We will forward on your comments, as we appreciate all feedback both positive and constructive.

Janette

Advertisement