Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafe recommendations - Dublin city centre

Options
  • 08-06-2015 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Afternoon ladies,

Guy here looking for some advice from the female perspective. Looking for advice on a cafe/coffee shop that is open in the evenings (till 8pm or beyond) that you would think is a good spot to bring a girl on a first date.

Looking for something that's not Starbucks / Costa but has a good vibe and chilled atmosphere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mod

As outlined in the charter
    The Ladies Lounge is not a place for men to come and start threads requesting opinions on X, Y and Z from women. Women aren't of a single mind or opinion.

I will move it to the Dublin City forum as you might get some replies there. You will have to abide by the charter there so please read it.

Mars Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Not many open after 6 or 7 Accents is the only one I can think of that opens that late.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Maybe bring her to somewhere like Oscars Café Bar in Christchurch or Smithfield, you can get proper coffee and they are a little more relaxed compared to a full on bar.

As an aside, I remember the immense disappointment I felt when I was asked to go on a date and he suggested a café. Just no they are hedging their bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Lux23 wrote: »
    Maybe bring her to somewhere like Oscars Café Bar in Christchurch or Smithfield, you can get proper coffee and they are a little more relaxed compared to a full on bar.

As an aside, I remember the immense disappointment I felt when I was asked to go on a date and he suggested a café. Just no they are hedging their bets.

Her suggestion, not mine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Yea, not a good sign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 KungFuhrer

Mish Mash is pretty cool and intimate, stays open til 9pm. It's also close by Cineworld, in case you guys want to continue the date with a film :)

KungFuhrer wrote: »
    Mish Mash is pretty cool and intimate, stays open til 9pm. It's also close by Cineworld, in case you guys want to continue the date with a film :)

Jeez totally forgot about Mish Mash! They're only a couple of doors down from me too!

If things are going well and drinks are in order then Black Sheep is almost next door too.

Good luck with your date ^^

That's a good idea ^^

Lux23 wrote: »
    Yea, not a good sign.

Sound!

• Advertisement

OmegaRed wrote: »
    Sound!

I'd say its a good sign it shows she is looking to try get to actually know instead of just having a laugh after a few too many drinks. Must admit I do know the girls at Mish Mash a little bit but they have a super cool spot there and its likely to not be somewhere she has gone before so that should score a few extra brownie points and as mentioned it is close to cineworld and a ton of bars & restaurants.

jimmii wrote: »
    I'd say its a good sign it shows she is looking to try get to actually know instead of just having a laugh after a few too many drinks. Must admit I do know the girls at Mish Mash a little bit but they have a super cool spot there and its likely to not be somewhere she has gone before so that should score a few extra brownie points and as mentioned it is close to cineworld and a ton of bars & restaurants.

Cheers man!

Cheers man!

Good luck hope it goes well! The Church is round the corner too nice spot for a drink lots of out door seating if its a nice night and you can even pop over the road and get a cheeky Nandos. Although I guess if you're getting on well after a cup of tea suggesting the two of you head straight of to the church might be a bit much.

jimmii wrote: »
    cheeky Nandos.

:D:D:D:pac::pac::pac:

:D:D:D:pac::pac::pac:

Couldn't help myself!

Mish Mash worked a treat..Great coffee, really nice, attractive girl and already organised a 2nd date!

To the lovers - cheers for the recommendations....

To the haters - in your face!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Don't understand why a cafe would be a bad venue for a date. At least you can talk to each other, unlike the cinema or a noisy bar. Even a restaurant – I know plenty of girls who would not go on a restaurant date due to fear of eating/talking/laughing etc all at the same time. Coffee/tea is just right imo.

Advertisement